The Final Chapter

The Final Chapter

I have been here for almost four months and I feel more like an outsider than ever before. Olena has been introducing me to so many of her dragon companions that I can't remember a single name. The only dragon I feel comfortable around, besides Olena, is Rian. He and Shamir have been so kind to me ever since I arrived.

At one point Shamir even had to tell Olena that it was too much for me at once because I didn't have the heart to stop her. She seemed so excited now that I was finally here and she could share her world wih me. But with Shamir's declaration of my tiredness Olena had finally noticed how tired and confused I obviously was.

She flew me to one of the many large buildings that was in the Kingdom, but this one seemed really close to the center of things, but it also gave off the feeling of having plenty of peace and quiet. She told me that this one was her home. It wasn't exactly hard to believe because the rock of the building looked exactly like her white scales.

All the rock and the wood that made the walls, all the furniture, and just about everything in the room was the same dazzling color of her scales.

So, here I am, admiring her home as I made my way over to a small bed by the wall. Most of the house was open and you could see it. There were only a few walls blocking off a few places, other than that it was one huge room with sections reserved for the different rooms.

There was a small kitchen, I'm assuming it was made for me because Olena doesn't cook her food, and even if she did she could just roast it with her fire.

"Olena, how did you find this place?" A yawn escaped my mouth as I lay down on the soft bed. I knew it wouldn't be too long before I fell to sleep, but I would use whatever time I was awake to get as many answers as I could.

"Well, it was mostly by instinct. You were trapped, and I knew that if I tried to get you free I would most likely get caught too, and then there'd be no one to help either of us. When I was at a complete lost as to what I need to do I feel into a deep despair."

She paused and studied me for a moment, trying to figure out how I was feeling, but I was too tired to even know how to feel about what happened to her.

She sighed and continued. "In that time, when I was at my lowest point, I felt something new, something....."

Her voice faded as everything became blissfully silent just before the darkness took me.

"What?" I jerked up in bed and looked around me.

It was night time and I could barely make out the sleeping form of Olena.

What woke me up?

A small creak sounded across the room and all my senses went on immediate alert.

I knew I'd have to be silent to not wake Olena up, but at the first sign of being in trouble I was sure to wake her up.

I would not make the same mistake of thinking I was strong enough to do everything on my own again.

I slowly got up, careful to not make any noise.

I quietly made my way over to the wooden balcony. It was one of the only things that were actually wood, but you wouldn't know just by looking at it because it looked so much like Olen's white scales.

I scanned the balcony as best I could before I took a step onto it, hoping I wouldn't make any noise from the wood.

When the wood didn't creak under my weight I let out a sigh of relief.