home

"Home," Damon said softly, looking around the room they had shared for the past few months. "This is our home. The home of our choosing. The home we made for ourselves."

Klaus nodded, a rare smile tugging at his lips, but the moment was short-lived. "We will not speak about what happened today," Damon insisted, his voice firm.

"No, we will not. But first, pack your bags. We're going to Mystic Falls."

Damon furrowed his brow, confused. "Why are we going to Mystic Falls?"

Klaus turned serious, his expression shifting. "There's something I must take care of there. Then, I promise we'll be on our way."

Damon hesitated. "Wait, so we're going to Mystic Falls together? As in, together? They'll probably think that you compelled me."

Klaus shrugged, unfazed. "I don't care what your friends think. Let them believe whatever they want."

The way Klaus emphasized "friends" made it clear how he felt about them. Damon's irritation flared. "My brother, Klaus—no matter what happened between us, he's still my brother. I would like for him and me to reconcile."

"Family is important," Klaus conceded. "I understand that better than anyone. But what about Elena?"

Damon's expression darkened. "What about Elena?"

"Do you not still love her?" Klaus asked, his voice probing.

"Are you serious, Klaus?" Damon snapped, stepping forward, anger radiating off him. "After everything that's happened, you still think I would go back to her? After what she did to me?"

Damon was now dangerously close to Klaus, their noses almost touching. Klaus could feel Damon's breath against his lips, and it took everything in him not to close the remaining distance and pull Damon closer, to kiss those tempting lips.

"I would never go back to Elena," Damon spat, his voice dropping to a whisper. "In fact, I never loved her. I loved the idea of her loving me. Do you hear what I'm saying to you, Klaus?" His eyes bore into Klaus's, fierce and unyielding.

Klaus couldn't tear his gaze away. "I hear you."

Damon's voice lowered even more, barely above a whisper. "I will never go back to her. I don't love her."

Without thinking, Klaus grabbed Damon's neck, pulling him closer. He captured Damon's lips with his own, kissing him fiercely. It was a kiss filled with urgency, desperation, and something deeper. Damon responded without hesitation, pushing Klaus toward the wall, kissing him back as if trying to convey everything he couldn't say aloud.

This was a declaration—he didn't want Elena. He wanted this. He wanted Klaus. He knew what he wanted, but admitting it was another matter entirely. Instead, he tried to show Klaus just how serious he was.

"Do you understand me, Klaus?" Damon whispered between kisses, his breath warm against Klaus's skin.

Klaus, lost in the moment, could barely process what was happening. All he knew was that he felt alive, engulfed in a warmth he hadn't experienced in years—not even with Caroline. But then, her name flitted through his mind, a reminder of his past.

"Caroline," he thought, but it was quickly drowned out by the sensations Damon was stirring within him.

Damon's lips found Klaus's neck, sucking hard, and Klaus lost all rational thought.

"Caroline who?" he murmured, his voice thick with desire.

"This is what home feels like," Damon breathed, pressing up against him, feeling every part of Klaus's body against his. In that moment, everything else faded away. This was home.

As their kisses deepened, it felt as if they were wrapped in their own world, free from the chaos outside. The weight of their pasts lingered in the air, but for now, in this shared moment, all that mattered was each other.

Damon pulled back just enough to look into Klaus's eyes, searching for something—an acknowledgment, perhaps. "This is what I want," he said softly, his voice steady, a stark contrast to the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside him.

Klaus met his gaze, something stirring deep within him as well. "Then let's make it our reality," he replied, and in that moment, both knew they were standing at the edge of something profound.

Their shared journey was just beginning, and neither was willing to back down.