Back Home

Roses POV

We were headed back home now after a tough few games. We won 2 of the 3 games. Jonathan continued to text me throughout the days to make sure I was doing fine.

He was a really good friend and he knew that I wanted nothing more than that. He was completely awesome. I was now really excited that I got to hang out with him when I got back.

I recieved a text message and I opened it thinking it was from Jonny. It wasn't.

FROM: Kaner

Um.. hey Rose. I really need to talk to you. i don't want to do this over text so I was hoping I could stop by your house tonight?

What the heck do I say?

TO: Kaner

Um, yeah I guess you could for a bit. I'm not hanging out with Jonny until tomorrow so I guess that would fine. What time are you coming over?

FROM: Kaner

Thank you so much Rose! I will be there around six. See you soon<3

I didn't respond to him instead I just put my headphones in again and let the music drift me off into a nice needed sleep.

-

"Rose? We are at your house hun."

"What? Okay," I said sleepily. Guess I slept the whole ride away.

i grabbed my bags and went inside my house. I was still really tired. I grabbed my phone to see what time it was.

5:45

Shit, okay. I quickly unpacked my bags and cleaned up the house a bit until I heard a knock at my door.

I made my way across the house and opened it. There he stood Patrick Kane. Just like the first day I met him.

"Uhh, hey. Come on in," I said looking at the ground.

"Thanks," He said walking into my house. He took a seat on the couch and I sat down right beside him.

Out of nowhere he took my hand in his. I didn't let go. I couldn't.

"Rose, please forgive me. I am so sorry I ignored you. It was a jerkish thing of me to do. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. i was just a little upset that day," He said looking me in the eye.

I pulled my hand away from his.

"A jerkish thing is right Patrick. We can be friends as much as we want outside of the rink, away from your friends but as soon as we are by then its like you don't even know me. I'm sorry but I am not gonna be your embarassment," I said looking away from him.

"Woah. You are anything but my embarassment. All the guys are basically in love with you. I would be proud to show you off in front of them. I don't know what the heck got into me but I know what I did was wrong. I am begging you to be my friend again and to talk to me. I promise I won't do anything that stupid ever again," He said looking into my eyes for forgivness.

"I can't say no to you Pat. As much as I want to. I forgive you but don't do it again. I swear if you do thats it!" I said seriousness in my voice.

"Oh my god thank you so much!" He said getting up and giving me a hug.

I wrapped my arms tightly around him and closed my eyes. i could stay like this forever.

Patricks POV

After my whole makeup with Rose I felt a lot better. Happier even. I drove back to my house exhausted.

"Where were you?" Saad asked when I walked through the front foor.

"I was at Roses, why?" I said going to my fridge to get a beer.

"Just wondering," He said looking away smiling.

"What are you so smiley about?" I asked taking a sip of me beer.

"Why are you asking so many questions?" He shot back.

"Hey, you started it!" I said laughing a bit.

"Mhm, well I am exhausted so I am going to hit the hay. See you tomorrow morning. I am so glad we don't have practice," He said heading to his room.

"Okay man. I am too. See you tomorrow," I said taking another sip of my beer. I was a bit tired myself but I'm staying up for a bit.

I checked my phone and realized I got a text from Rose.

FROM: Rose

Hey! I'm starting to think that you really like to see me because you forgot your wallet here. I guess it must have fell out or something. Anyway, I will give it to Jonny tomorrow when I see him. Hope you have a good night!

TO: Rose

Oh my gosh! I don't understand how this keeps happening! I mean I am obviously not meaning to do it on purpose but I think that its a sign. Hahaha jk. But yeah just give it to Toews. Thanks so much! You too.

I wanted to say that I would come get it but you just got to let a few things go. I texted Toews making sure to tell him to get my wallet from her tomorrow and to not forget.

I was a bit jealous that he was hanging out with her but I know that he is only meaning to be her friend and I think thats what she wants out of him as well.

Out of nowhere Shawzy came in and sat down next to me on my couch.

"Um hello to you too Shawzy," I said laughing at him.

"I'm sorry I came without any notice but I broke up with my girlfriend and now she is trying to kill me so please let me stay here tonight?" He asked sounding desperate.

'Yeah of course. I'm just heaing off to bed anyways. Don't get killed, dude. See you in the morning," I said before walking into my room. I took off my shirt and layed down in bed.

This girl will be the death of me.