Chapter 2

The first day of school began when I threw my alarm clock across my room, shattering the screen and ultimately breaking it. I laid in bed internally groaning at myself before rolling off my bed, on to the ground. I laid there sprawled on the ground for a moment before I clumsily got up and walked to my closet where my school uniform hung.

"LYN! WHAT ARE DOING? HURRY AND GET CHANGED," my mother screeched. "You have 10 minutes or I'm not going to drop you off at school."

I continued standing and sleeping. Then my slow mind finally processed what Mother said. Realizing that I was under a time crunch, I quickly changed into the school uniform and scurried to the bathroom to prepare for the first day of school.

=====================

"I'll be picking you up when school ends, so be right here," my mother instructed me. "I stuck your school schedule in the smaller pocket of your bag.

"Yeah yeah okay." I stepped out of the car and onto the school's property. I shut the car door and turned to wave to my mother but she was already driving away. I sighed.

This is it Evangelyn.

There were clumps of people here and there. Certain groups were easily distinguished between each other.

There's where I used to belong. My eyes scanned over the faces of the group of mismatched people. The girls were wearing over sized school plaid skirts and large white button ups. The guys had pants too short to cover their ankles.

None of them will recognize you. Take a breath and don't worry.

After reassuring myself, I regained my confidence and walked to the group of people that were obviously the more popular ones. I scanned each one of the guys faces hoping to find--

"Hey! You look new, whats your name?" A blonde girl with blue eyes stood in front of me.

I think her name is Jennie? If I was right, she'd also be the one who hid my homework every time we would turn in assignments.

I smiled sweetly at her and said, "Oh hey! Yeah I'm new to this school, but my name is Ly--," I paused.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

I better be safe and not use the name that everyone called me before..

"My name is Evangelyn," I smiled and fiddled with the hem of my skirt.

"That's totes a cute name," she gushed. "My name's Jennie! My friends are over there; I could introduce you if you'd like?"

She did not just use totes... How am I supposed to even learn how to talk like them without grimacing every time.

"Yeah! That'd be great," I chirped. "I wouldn't mind getting some friends."

"I have a feeling you, me, and my friends will hit off great!"

Yeah, for sure...

Halfway through the introduction of the names of her friends, the bell rang. Students began shuffling towards the entrance of the school, trying to fit 10 people through a small doorway all at once. Once inside, I pulled out my schedule. I mentally scolded myself for not going over it at home.

1st: Biology----Brennan, Kyle
2nd: English I--Dawson, Shelly
3rd: History----Leewin, Winnie
4th: Adv Art-----Spanzalli, Jenn
5th: Algebra 2--Smith, Jake**
6th: Spanish III-González, Pamela
7th: APES--------Bronziknoker, Joe

A days include 1st, 3rd, 5th**, 7th
B days include 2nd, 4th, 5th**, 6th
**lunch period

Realizing, I had no idea where each class was I heading towards the big sign that said "Main Office" to seek help.

"How may I help you?" A nice middle age lady asked from the desk.

"I don't quite know where all my classes are..." I blushed embarrassed.

"Ahhh, I see, a newbie," she furrowed her eyebrows. "You should've done this before school started, but its okay, I have someone that can show you around. Wait here." She turned around and disappeared into a room with a sign over the door that read "Discipline".

I waited while wondering who she was getting. Finally she walked out of the room smiling brightly.

"Here, he should be able to show you around since he's quite familiar with the school grounds." She pushed a guy with messy blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, and a complete I don't give a flying f-ck appearance towards me. "He'll escort you around here for today and tomorrow," she informed me. "Oh and his name is"

Nathaniel. Nathaniel Walker.

I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry, but I knew I'd make the revenge so sweet for me and so very painful for him.

-

-

-

-
A/N: Yay!
Thanks so much for reading, it wouldn't hurt to vote!
And it'd make my day if you voted and commented!