Chapter 9

Xiao Anchun had been quite comfortable the past few days.

The eastern forest had become forbidden land for the Bayan tribe, but he was still able to freely enter and exit. Of course, he always sneaked out, not daring to let the tribe notice.

These days, the most popular topic in the Bayan tribe was the beast tide. They didn't understand why the beasts had joined hands to attack the beastkin, moreover, they only attacked the beastkin of the Bayan tribe. They wanted answers from the old shaman, but the old shaman just hemmed and hawed, never giving them a clear answer. So, everyone felt distressed, thinking that it must be a punishment from the beast god.

Xiao Anchun smiled secretly, because he was the only one who knew the truth. What punishment from the beast god, this was punishment from the Beast King. They'd offended the golden lion, so naturally they could no longer hunt in his territory.

Yes, the other side of the creek was the golden lion's territory. Xiao Anchun often saw him marking along the creek, leaving his potent scent along the edge of his territory. All the other beasts in the forest didn't dare act arrogantly in his site, not to mention an insignificant beastkin tribe.

Although it was a just punishment, whenever he saw a beast child crying from hungry, he felt great heartache, and thought about pleading to the male god to see if they could reach a compromise.

But just as this idea formed, another big event occurred in the tribe, seizing his attention.

A few warriors had traveled to the north forest to negotiate with the Dada tribe, but on the way back they were ambushed by a group of giant porcupines. Several people died, and more were seriously injured and needed to be carried back.

Among the wounded warriors was the male who'd rescued Xiao Anchun, and had brought him to the tribe after he'd crossed over. His name was Kuhn, and he belonged to the same ash-gray wolf clan as the chief. He was very strong, already a 5th-level warrior and ranked second in the tribe. He'd always wanted to become Addie's mate, and Addie also seemed to be fond of him. He'd already hinted that he would choose him to become one of his mates, the two just needed to make it official.

Perhaps because of imprinting, Xiao Anchun was very conscious of Kuhn. He couldn't call it love, but he had a crazy good impression of him. When he found out that he was courting Addie, he'd sulked for days. Now that he heard that Kuhn was seriously injured, he forgot all those unpleasant feelings. He slid down the rope ladder to the lowest level, and walked to the cave where Kuhn lived.

The cliff was very tall, the elderly and the strong warriors lived on the ground floor for easy mobility and defense. The females with children lived on the second level, and the single females lived at the top. Xiao Anchun climbed down five layers and finally reached the ground floor where he found crowds in front of each injured male's cave.

After squeezing through the crowd, he saw Addie smearing a dark brown paste on Kuhn's ravaged legs. His left leg had been torn open by a giant porcupine's wicked sharp fangs, and his bones were cracked. Fortunately, the bones hadn't snapped or been terribly dislocated.

Xiao Anchun looked at the dark brown paste in Addie's hand, and looked at Kuhn's mutilated legs, his face suddenly turning green.

A female behind him whispered enviously: "Kuhn's so fortunate to have Addie, otherwise he'd be toast."

Someone agreed: "Oh yes, not everyone can be blessed with this divine medicine, especially so much at once."

"Addie's so kind, no wonder so many warriors like him."

All kinds of flattering words were drilled into Xiao Anchun's eardrum, making him feel slightly sick.

But Addie was awfully pleased with himself, covering the wounds with paste and putting aside the remainder, looking longingly at Kuhn before leaving.