Chapter 20

Just as the Renault tribe was planning to join forces with the other tribes to annihilate the throwback beasts, they finally discovered the hidden calamity.

Fewer and fewer males were being born in the tribe, and many of the young were throwback beasts that were either killed or discarded. As a result, there was a complete imbalance in the population.

When they finally took stock, the tribe was full of males that had grown weaker with age, and a large group of females. There was only a handful of young, healthy and strong males, who were also the main manpower of the tribe. Without strong males, they wouldn't have enough food and animal hides for warmth, the tribe members only had a hungry and cold future to look forward to.

The Renault tribe inevitably entered an aging population era. The weak old males couldn't take on the heavy responsibility of defending the tribe, and they were the sole source of the precious red crystals. Unsurprisingly, they became the target of the other tribes. After several bloody battles, the Renault tribe was destroyed, and a great amount of red crystals steady flowed to every tribe.

Hidden behind the celebratory atmosphere was a quietly spreading disaster. The Renault tribe had already tasted the consequences of abusing the red crystals, and it was now time for the other tribes to follow in their footsteps, the Bayan tribe being first in line.

Under Kuhn's leadership, the Bayan tribe grew stronger every day. Not only did he seize the position of chief, he also monopolized Addie, becoming his only mate. He had supreme authority in the tribe, even the old shaman couldn't interfere with his decisions. It was his idea to unite the other tribes to attack the Renault tribe. It turns out that this decision was correct. Then he used the red crystals to win over the hearts of the tribe's warriors, making them extremely loyal to him.

"Kuhn, you've unified all the tribes on the Eastern Continent, you're the king of the Eastern Continent, why should you tolerate the throwback beasts occupying the eastern forest? Go attack them, bring back Xiao Anchun and that other female's head." Addie darkly incited his partner.

Not only had Xiao Anchun not died, he also lived like a king. This made Addie feel constantly irritated, it was hard to feel truly happy.

Kuhn's heart tightened, but he didn't expose it on his face. He didn't dare tell Addie the truth, he'd only said that Xiao Anchun saved him, and he'd returned after healing.

So currently, Addie didn't know just how frightful the golden lion and the pretty female were. An adult tyrannosaurus could destroy the entire East Continent, and the golden lion and the beautiful female's combined strength was far above the tyrannosaurus, enough to destroy planet.

"No, I can't go." He shook his head in refusal. Seeing Addie's doubtful expression, he immediately added: "You're pregnant with our children, how could I bear to leave you at this time?"

Addie was satisfied with this, gently petting his belly.

Two months later, while the tribe members buzzed in anticipation, their little prince was born. Addie was worthy of being the old shaman's son, his fertility was very high. He gave birth to six cubs, all male. They were the same ash-gray wolf race as Kuhn. The six small cubs had not yet opened their eyes, and looked like little balls of fur curled up in a small soft-moss nest. Their nose let out a soft whistling sound, they looked extremely cute.

Kuhn petted them gently, his heart was moved with emotions. He said softly: "In one month, as soon as they shift, I'll invite all the tribes' shamans to pray for them. My children will surely be blessed by the beast god. When they grow up, they'll definitely become the kings of the eastern continent."

"Of course." Addie smiled smugly.

The Bayan tribe only produced two throwback beasts over hundreds of years, so they never doubted whether or not their children could shift. One month later, when the six cubs didn't change shape, Kuhn and Addie refused to accept reality and waited for another month. But the result was still hopeless.