Chapter 13

Meanwhile, Kuhn's wounds were gradually recovering.

Xiao Anchun didn't realize that not only were the herbs on the beastman planet bigger than on earth, even the potency was ten times higher than on earth. He never expected that the wound he'd thought would be absolutely unbeatable without antibiotics would actually heal cleanly, only leaving behind a pink scar.

Xiao Anchun was ecstatic. He recorded down the medical process on a slab with charcoal and carefully stored it in a large chest. This was a chest that Snow had made for him. The wood was very smooth, and the craftmanship was no worse than a modern carpenter. It was important to know that the claws of a throwback beast were even sharper than a scalpel.

Kuhn gently touched his scars. There was no gratitude to Xiao Anchun in his eyes, but he'd also lost a lot of resentment. After all, Xiao Anchun had been taking care of him these past few days, and he was very attentive. But he still didn't believe that Xiao Anchun had cured him, thinking that this was the result of the divine blood, but it'd worked too late, before Addie had a chance to see it.

Thinking of Addie, his heart softened. But just as he was about to bid Xiao Anchun farewell, he heard Snow roar down below, and an unfamiliar voice responded, seemingly greeting Snow.

There were other beastkin here? Wasn't it only Xiao Anchun and Snow?

He'd thought that Xiao Anchun had given himself to a throwback beast in exchange for protection, in order to survive in the wilderness. In fact, he secretly looked down on this self-degradation. But suddenly, he remembered that there was another female who'd debased himself with a beast, and he revealed an expression of realization. No wonder there were two houses built onto trees, another couple lived here.

To be honest, he really liked this 'tree house'. It was drier than a cave, and the air flowed better, quickly taking away any unpleasant smells. Plus, there were many strange but convenient things here. If only he could bring back the knowledge of how to build these things to the tribe. Just by looking at it, he had no idea how to start.

Kuhn secretly came up with a plan, and, seeing Xiao Anchun run off excitedly, he immediately followed him. The two men slid down the rope ladder and saw a strong looking golden lion slowly walking over, a female wearing a fish leather loincloth on his back.

"Catch." The female smiled brightly and threw over a leather sack.

Xiao Anchun hurriedly caught it, and when he opened it up, he suddenly exploded with joy, jumping and squealing like a madman.

It's salt ah! So heavy, at least fifty catties! Enough to last a long, long time, the male god really is perfect.

Snow was also very excited, he pounced on Xiao Anchun, licking his cheeks and shoulders, his eyes full of tenderness. Kuhn looked at this interaction between man and beast, uncomfortable for some unknown reason. He could sense that Xiao Anchun wasn't depending on him like he'd used to, and he also no longer told him baffling stories.

Xiao Anchun had Snow now. No matter how incomprehensible his words, Snow would always listen attentively and nod. He couldn't reply, but his understanding was what Xiao Anchun needed the most. Xiao Anchun grew more and more fond of him each day, and transferred the enthusiasm he'd previously had for Kuhn onto Snow.

Kuhn was always ridiculed by the tribe because of Xiao Anchun's obsession with him, so his heart was somewhat bitter about it. But he quickly suppressed this strange feeling and stepped forward, greeting the newly returned female. To be able to buy such a big bag of salt all at once, the other party was awfully productive. In order to learn the method to construct a tree house, and figure out this couple's secrets, he had to stay here just a little longer.