Chapter 5

This was a vast lake, almost a few hundred thousand uninterrupted miles, splitting the forest into two.

The clear lake water reflected the blue sky, the breeze passing through, underneath was layer upon layer of rippling fish scales, it looked very beautiful. Many beasts rested by the lakeside to drink some water, their ears erect, maintaining a high degree of vigilance.

It was in the interior of the forest, a paradise for beasts, and a forbidden area for beastkin. But in the bushes not far away, a female beastman lurked silently. He was covered in light green smears, the scent of strong plant juice covering up his body odor. As long as he was in danger, he could just hide in the dense bushes, so even if the beast was close by, it wouldn't find him. It was by depending on the juice of this plant that he could pretend to be a walking tree, safely traveling through the forest to the lake.

"After waiting for half a month, I finally got some results. I didn't suffer for nothing." The female beastman plucked red grain-like wild fruit, filling two big sacks while salivating. He bent backwards and leaned back into the bushes, ready to sneak back to the tribe.

But at that moment, a "rumbling" sound came from afar, like a thunder clap, but the vibrations of the planet's surface indicated that this was some kind of large beast, such as the long trunk elephant, a descendant of the mammoth. The long trunk elephant was not as hairy as a mammoth, but it was much bigger. When walking through the forest, it looked like a moving mountain. Their seven or eight-meter-long trunks could pull up huge trees, and place them in their mouths to swallow them whole. Although they were herbivorous animals, they were far more violent than carnivorous beasts.

If a long trunk elephant was passing through somewhere, often times it would raze that area to the ground. The female, that was, Xiao Anchun, immediately looked frightened and refused to hide in the bushes, escaping like the other beasts.

The lord at the top of the food chain was coming, so the small fish and shrimp on the lower rung of the food chain would naturally not kill each other, choosing to escape with their lives.

Xiao Anchun looked back while running, curiosity taking hold. But as soon as he saw it, he almost lost his soul in fright, "Ahhhhhh," he shouted: "WTF, what the hell is this, why are there dinosaurs? Didn't this thing already go extinct?" His voice just faded when he remembered that he was no longer in the Empire, but on a magical beastman planet, it felt like it was not strange to have dinosaurs on a beastman planet.

"The tribe never told me about dinosaurs! If I knew, I wouldn't come out alone even if you f#cking beat me to death. I'm doomed, it's over!" He ran madly, tears and mucus splattering in the wind.

A few kilometers behind him, a single, more than ten-meter-high tyrannosaurus rex was smashing through the giant trees and chasing the rushing herd of beasts. It seemed to be hungry, its ferocious looking mouth was constantly dripping revolting, fishy smelling saliva, and the sharp teeth glinted like knives in the sunlight. Its golden pupils were full of a violent, fierce light, glaring at the herd and trying to pick a good prey. However, before that, it didn't mind eating the slowest of these preys to pad its stomach.

Unfortunately, compared to a group of antelopes, wild deer, and saber-toothed tigers, the two legs of the beastmen, especially this female that had especially short legs, were undoubtedly the slowest. Even if he used all his strength, he gradually fell to the back of the escaping herd. He even stumbled over vines from time to time. In just a few minutes, he was already bloodied and bruised, and his whole body ached. He looked very miserable.

The tyrannosaurus's sense of smell was very sensitive. Even if it was mixed with the green juice, it still smelled the blood of a female beastman, distinct from the other beasts. It apparently smelled sweeter and more delicious. There was more and more saliva dripping from its mouth, and its eyes zeroed in on the back of the fleeing female, stretching his neck and opening his mouth, trying to scoop him into his mouth.