The Intern

The day starting internships had arrived and you were both excited and super nervous about the whole thing. You had been anticipating possible questions, different ways of combat to teach the kid, so on and so forth. But, despite your anticipation, the day came so time was up. You were waiting at the train station when Ace arrived.

Surely enough, he looked just as you saw him in the footage. Black hair, hoody, cape, and plenty of Ace of Spades cards along his arms. He must have recognized you as he walked up to you and no one else.

(Y/N): Hello young man.

Ace: S'up.

Honestly, you were a bit stunned. You weren't anticipating someone this casual about hero work. Last guy you met like this was Hawks. He also must have noticed because he gave you a smirk and raised an eyebrow.

Ace: You ok there, Chief?

(Y/N): I like you already kid.

Ace: So this is going to be super casual? Nice, nice.

(Y/N): Well, Ace, let's get to work.

He smiled and you both walked off to start the internship. Your first task was seeing how well the kid fared in a combat site, so you took him down to your agency and went straight into what you liked to call, "The Danger Room".

Ace: Danger room? Real original.

(Y/N): Say what you like kiddo, but this is where the fun begins. So, show me what you got!

Ace looked at you a bit confused. You sighed and grabbed your hat and threw it towards the teen. He dodged the attack and looked back at you. You grabbed your hat and looked back at Ace. He pulled an Ace from his arm and threw it. You smirked and threw your Ace of Spades, cutting your intern's card. He looked at you with a bit of shock and surprise.

(Y/N): That kid, is an Ace.

You threw your Ace again and he dodged the attack again. You summoned another staff and lunged towards Ace. He dodged all three of your swings in different ways before he leapt back and threw two more knives.

(Y/N): (dodging both knives) Good mobility! Just like the Sports Festival!

Ace: Hey! It helps when your girlfriend uses bo staffs a lot!

(Y/N): Tell me about it! How do you think I got so good at dodging whips?!

Ace was stunned a bit but was shocked out of it when you kicked the staff just beside his head. You ran in and shouldered him in the chest and got him against the wall. You grabbed the staff and swung to just hit above his head. He raised his arms up.

Ace: Alright, alright, alright! Little too close, don't you think. I mean, I could use a hair cut but my god!

(Y/N): You've got good mobility. You have marketed yourself as a speed based hero by getting into the top 6 at the Sports Festival, but you need to be faster. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere in life!

Ace: I thought this internship was about showing me the ropes. Not about taking my head off.

(Y/N): It is. But this way you can add new skills and abilities. So, let's get started with payment skills. Obviously, heroes do numerous jobs around the world; assisting with arrests, first responders, etc. Once the job is done, we send reports to a government agency and they decide how much we should get paid. You catch on quick, kid.

Ace: Got it. Question: why are you telling me this now?

(Y/N): Answer. Because currently (looks at a hologram watch) there is a hostage situation going on 5 blocks from here. Let's go.