Hosu Incident

The rest of the week was pretty simple and a lot of fun. For you at least. You had pushed Ace here and there a bit just to strengthen the boy in every aspect possible for hero work. Ranging from quirk application, to getting use to the bleeding with his ninja star-like card tattoo...things. Aside from that, things pretty chill for you both. Then came the events from Hosu. From what you've read from newspapers, several Nomu attacked the city along with the hero killer, striking down several heroes, and even more, civilians were injured or killed.

So, the following day, you came inside the agency and got things ready for a lesson with Ace. Before you left for your work, Midnight stopped you and forced you around.

(Y/N): Is everything ok?

Midnight: I...I just want you to be ok. I know you worked well with Hosu Police and, well-

(Y/N): Hey, the HK is down. Blood Fist is down. It's ok. We're going to be fine. (Winks)

Midnight: I know. I just have that feeling that-

(Y/N): Nemuri. I...We'll be ok, I swear on my life. I love you. And I will protect you. If you don't feel safe, we can move. We can-

Midnight: I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that I want you to be careful.

You smiled and nodded at her. You then kissed each other and you sent out to work. Once you arrived at your agency, you had gathered your sidekicks in your office and got the entire agency to listen in on an office-wide call. Finally, Ace was the last one inside the office once again. When he made it to your main office room, you ushered him in and sat him down just before your desk.

Ace: I feel like there is some sort of problem here?

(Y/N): Yeah. There is. And we need to address that problem.

You tapped a microphone to cleared your throat well enough to get everyone's attention.

(Y/N): Everyone. Attention, please. I want everyone to take a moment to talk about the incident last night in Hosu. The Hero Killer was arrested and there were some Nomu that resembled the one from the UA attack. You're likely worried about how this is all dealt together. I too am concern. As are close friends of mine and presumably your own. People tend to lose their poker faces at a time like this, that's why it is best to remain calm in times like these. Remember, it's our job to protect others, no seek out vengeance. We do that, we are no better than the bad guys. So, I don't want anyone acting irrationally. It's business as usual. Standard procedure for everything. Thank you for your time and, hey, have a good day guys.

You got off of the mic and turned back to the sidekicks gathered in your office.

(Y/N): Heroes 1-10 are meeting with Endeavor and the police to talk motive around the Hero Killer. That means it's up to 11-20 to make up for their absences. A bit more ground for us to cover, that's all. So, teams of two for everyone. NO ONE goes anywhere alone. And hey, smile a bit. For the people. I know things aren't the best for us right now, but this is all for the people. Not us. Understand? (Sidekicks nod) Then get to work. Good luck.

The sidekicks all nodded and left the office. You sighed and rubbed the back of your neck before you got up and began to guide Ace out of the room.

Ace: Pretty good at the kind of stuff.

(Y/N): It pays to be dating Midnight.

Ace: She good under pressure?

(Y/N): Oh hell no. She cracks at times like these. If you're not cool under pressure, she leaves you in an instant. It's super depressing but also super funny when it happens to someone else.