defence and dexterity

As November passed the days grew colder and the nights grew darker. Throughout the month Cassandra attended many tough quidditch practices which where back breaking but made the whole Hufflepuff team very confident in the fact that they would destroy Ravenclaw in the nearing game.

Cassandra and Mateo were kept up late into the night helping eachother with homework in common room and nurturing their strong friendship. Regulus and Cassandra were growing much closer and she saw him smile much more often, filling her heart with warm every time he did. The Maruaders were as amazing as ever, it was their last year and they were making the most of it Cassandra hadn't seen as much of them as normal but she did notice that James was finally growing closer with Lily Evans, who he'd been in love with for years.

But when Cassandra woke up with a start on the 26th of November the only thing on her mind was quidditch. It was her teams first match of the year that morning and she'd be damned if she didn't help them along to victory.

She got out of her bed the quickest she had that year and headed straight for the bathroom to have a shower trying not to wake her roommates. When she got on out the shower Lucy Welsh, a chaser on her team was out of bed and getting ready. Cassie dried her hair with her wand, letting it fall into its natural curls before tying it up into a ponytail. She grabbed black leggings, a sports bra and a small t shirt from her drawers and turned to Lucy. The two quidditch players had been keeping quiet for the benefit of their third roommate Savanna.

Cassie and Lucy left the dorm quietly and heading to common room, chatting in hushed tones. It was quarter to nine but they liked to head down early, give half an hour for breakfast and then head down to the quidditch pitch to get their game faces on.

Alice joined them in the common room but none of the other players were out of their dorms yet. The three girls headed down to the great hall and when they arrived they were some of the first ones there.

They sat down and grabbed some food. Lucy eyed a couple Ravenclaw players who had arrived early and were giving the trio dirty looks trying to throw them off their game.

"What you looking at?" Shouted Lucy, she was normally quiet but when she had something to say she always said it. The Ravenclaw players looked down to their plates immediately. Nobody messes with an angry Hufflepuff. "That's what I thought," muttered Lucy angrily.

Cassie and Alice laughed at their friend and teammate.

"You're too funny Lucy," Cassie said, shaking her head.

"Wasn't joking but thanks anyway," Lucy said, smiling at her friend.

"What you saying girls?" Asked Alice after a shorty silence, "Feeling ready?"

"I was born ready Alice, ready to kick some Ravenclaw arse," Cassie said, grinning. Lucy nodded her head in agreement.

"That's what I like to hear," grinned Alice. Alice had always been a friendly girl, she was something of an older sister to the other two. Even before her and Cassie were on the same team she had looked out for her.

The three girls ate their breakfast quickly and headed down to the quidditch pitch. When they got outside it was a white sky, cloudy so the sun wouldn't get in their eyes but not bad weather that would throw them off their game.

"It's perfect conditions," said Lucy.

The other two nodded their head as they reached the bottom of the hill and heading into the changing rooms. They say down and Cassie pulled out her headphones and a cassette tape with her pre-game music on it. She had bought it in a shop in her Muggle home town. It was part of her pregame ritual.