26. Guarded Heart Pt.2 || K. SJ || One-Shot

Aria's day had gone to shit. First, not only was she forced to look for a fiance before she was ready, but also she didn't even get to choose him. It was a few weeks after the dreadful party and her father had chosen Ryan Knight to be her "beloved" fiance. She had to keep silent and stiffly nod because if she opened her mouth fire would be spit out. Second, she was forced to go on a lunch date with him to "get to know each other better" but the whole time he only spoke about himself and his stupid coin collection. Aria even started wondering if he liked girls once he eyed the waiter serving them one too many times.

What made her day a tinsy bit better was the funny looks Jin would send her to try and cheer her up. On one occasion she laughed out loud, scared to have been caught she looked at Ryan with wide eyes, but he was so invested in his conversation with himself he didn't notice.

The fact that she could say that her and Jin were friends made each day a little more bearable. It felt nice to have someone who knew what was going on. One too many times would he end up giving her encouraging words.

That night to try and save the day Aria sat on the couch of the unused living room nursing a bottle of wine. Jin was about to head out when he saw her there, it was a strange sight, she wasn't all dressed up as she usually was. She wore an oversized hoodie and some shorts, her hair in a messy bun, and no traces of makeup on her face, revealing the bags under her eyes confirming his thoughts that she hadn't been sleeping well these past few weeks. He never denied she was unattractive because she was very beautiful, but right now she looked very cute. There was a flush on her cheeks from the alcohol and her lips were stained from the fruity wine.

Looking up from her phone, she saw him standing there, staring at her.

"Jin! Where are you going?" she asked, eyes peeking up at him.

"Outside to work out," he told her.

"No, come join me," she pouted, "Don't leave me drinking alone, it's no fun."

"I can't do that Aria. What if something happened that required your protection and I'm drunk?" He tried reasoning.

"Nothing will happen! I'm not planning on going out, it's late, so my father won't ask anything of you, and there's more security around the mansion," she tried convincing him.

Against his better judgment, he agreed with a sigh as he let himself fall on the sofa.

They passed the bottle of wine between them and once it was over Aria fished out another one from the kitchen. They talked about their days, and compared their thoughts about Ryan Knight.

"Okay, but seriously, I can't be the only one that noticed him staring at the waiter's butt," she said laughing.

"He definitely did," Jin nodded besides her laughing along.

"Oh my god, not only am I marrying someone I don't like, but he doesn't even like me, in fact he doesn't like females?!" she exclaimed exasperated.

"Why don't you just leave?" Jin asked with a tilt of his head.

"And go where? I have nothing to my name, I have no one out there, I wouldn't even know where to begin," Those words were engraved in her head by her father and Aria didn't even notice.

She was leaning against Jin's side, his arm wrapped around her shoulder. The wine made her forget the rules she had placed the first day she had met him.

"You have me," he whispered softly, meaning what he said. If she ever wanted he would take her to the ends of the world just to see her happy.

"Don't be cheesy," she laughed, looking up at him. Aria didn't believe his words, he didn't mean them,  he was paid to protect her, so, why would he say something like that?  Her heart wanted to believe his words, but her mind stopped her.