0 - prologue

KATSUKI BAKUGOU

KATSUKI BAKUGOU.

And there he was, arguing with Tenya Iida on his first day at UA High School. This isn't new for Katsuki Bakugou, knowing that he's always had a problem with people he'd only just met.

Even when he was young, he was the same way. A random person bumping into him is enough to cause a big fight.

Nothing's changed.

"Did your middle school put a stick up your ass? Or were you born with it?" He laughed. Since Iida was complaining about it, his foot remained on the desk.

Iida tried to start over so they can get along, but the quarrelsome blondie was too much of a hothead to do any first-day rekindling.

Meanwhile, more students came flooding into the class, like Izuku Midoriya and Ochaco Uraraka. Soon enough, there were nineteen new faces in the classroom, and only one seat was empty.

Soon enough, the class's homeroom teacher showed up and did not wait a second to get started. "Welcome to UA's hero course, I'm Shōta Aizawa, your teacher," he explained. "Put these uniforms on as quickly as you can, then head outside. Hurry up; time is precious." He is a very straightforward teacher, uninterested in any of the regular first day of school protocol. He'd rather whip them into hero shape as soon as possible.

"Wait, what about orientation? Won't we miss it?" Uraraka asked.

"We don't have time to waste on pointless ceremonies. Like I said, time is precious," Aizawa answered nonchalantly. "Get a move on."

~~~~~~~~

The missing student rushed down the hallway, looking for class 1A. This is not a good look, nor is it a good first impression. Moments later she finds the class she was supposed to be in 5 minutes ago before noticing that the classroom was completely empty.

"What? Where is everybody?" She stood near the huge door, looking through the class windows. "Did they head to orientation already?"

With that in mind, she ran all over the school, just to find her classmates in the empty field she passed by only a few minutes earlier. She jumped, as she didn't expect to find her classmates here.

"Oh! Um, good morning. Sorry I'm late."

The young girl stood awkwardly as she, judging by the way he was looking at her, hoped Sensei wouldn't scold her for being late

And luckily for her, he didn't. Or not in the way she would've expected, at least. "I'm guessing you're the missing student," He said, with a slight disdain in his tone when he spoke the word "you're." "What's your name?" He looked down at the roster he had in his hands.

"Aiko Tanaka."

She was a shy one, and the students could tell by the way she minimized herself in their presence: fidgeting with her clothes, averting her eyes whenever she made eye contact with someone.

But man, was she beautiful. Absolutely stunning, almost like a teen model. She had long, fiery red hair down to her lower back. Despite her small stature, she was very curvaceous: small waist, wide hips, big butt. Unfortunately, womanhood had almost skipped her chest entirely.

And her most important and breathtaking feature of all: her golden yellow eyes. It was like staring into the sun itself, except it isn't as bright. They were so beautiful that it would be quite the challenge to look away from them.

One thing was always found off about her appearance, though, and that's the scar that runs down the left side of her face from just below her hairline to just above her left eye. The wound was a compete contrast from the rest of her soft facial features. It drew unwanted attention for sure, but for some reason... it kind of suited her.

She was definitely a looker, but it was all nullified by her timid yet cold persona. Her eyes hung low, lazily, like the girl couldn't care less about anything and everything. A smile would rarely decorate her face—a frown was much more common. She always looked sad or drained or apathetic or a mix of the three.

And to some extent... that might be true.

"We didn't start yet, so you're lucky. Get your gym clothes on as fast as possible."

"Okay... may I ask what we're doing, Sensei?" She asked. The students stared at her, making her feel even more anxious and uncomfortable.

Aizawa responded, saying, "A quirk assessment test."

"Okay then, I'll be right back, sir," She bowed before running back into the UA building.

Bakugou stared at the retreating redhead the entire interaction, until she was eventually out of sight. He rolled his eyes.

"Tch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

before you continue, here are some things you need to know:

For the sake of all things holy, Mineta does not exist in this universe. Aiko Tanaka gladly took his place. I wanted to keep class 1A as even as possible (and plus I don't like him), so he had to go. This will not affect the plot in any way. Do what you will with this information :)

Thank you so much for reading! The following is another author's note that I'd like for you to keep in mind:

"Seraphina" is a story/plot/character that I've been passionate about since 2021. I never went through with publishing this due to the fact that I am always busy; I am a student and I have a job. Nevertheless, I really want to write this out because it's been on my mind for the past three years. Please be patient with me, as it is inevitable that there will be inconsistent updates. With that being said, please don't give up on this story yet, even when the beginning seems slow. I have a wild ride planned out for this story :)! Thank you so much; I love you and I appreciate you! :)