1 - first day of school

"turn that pain into power"

AIKO TANAKA.

"How come none of these tests are suitable for my quirk? Maybe I'm not thinking of ways to use it..." Tanaka thought to herself. She was frustrated. Compared to the rest of her classmates, she was doing poorly.

Physical strength is this test's forte. Although she has a physical quirk, she has no way to use it during this test.

The name of her quirk is Nature Manipulation. It consists of the four main elements: Fire, Air, Water, and Earth. Though you might think that her quirk is too powerful, there are many setbacks which scale it down to a pretty normal quirk in terms of fighting power. Furthermore, she manifested each ability at different times: she developed Fire first, Earth last. She doesn't have much experience compared to her classmates that had the entirety of their quirks manifested since they were around 4 years old.

Nothing seems to be working in her favor and all she does is embarrass herself. The only part of the test she did well on was the 50-meter dash, on which she used her air quirk to glide swiftly to the finish line.

When the final results came back, she placed second to last, just above Izuku Midoriya. "Ugh. This quirk stuff is hard... maybe I'd be better off if I didn't have one." She said out loud, falling onto the ground. She stared at the sky for a while. Almost subconsciously, she reached her arm up to the sky, as if to grab something. She put her arm down once she realized, letting them spread out on either side of her.

Upon sitting up, she looked at the board to see who placed at the top. Momo Yaoyorozu. Shoto Todoroki. The same guy who placed first in the entrance exam: Katsuki Bakugou. "Wow. they're amazing."

"Well, now that that's over with, let's head back into class. Thank you for your hard work," Aizawa left, leaving the students to follow after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone took their seats after making it back into class. Tanaka looked around, searching for the empty seat she would soon claim as her own for the next year. It feels like a dream to even be here, in class 1A.

"Take these and pass them to the back. This is your syllabus. It's your job to read it over so you can have a clear understanding of what is required and what you'll be doing in this course."

As the person in front of Aiko passed the syllabus back, the two of them made eye contact before he turned away.

Wow.

For this brief moment, she felt intrigued by the look in his eyes.

His two-colored eyes, one gray and one a vibrant blue, were practically empty, like they hold some sort of tragedy behind them. They were like a void, they didn't have that little twinkle an ordinary person would have, and it made her curious.

What's the point of having pretty eyes if they just look dull?

What's up with that?

Even if it was for a fleeting second, she felt a strange connection just by making eye contact with him. The look in his eyes was all-too-familiar to her.

Could it be that he's going through something...?

She knows how it feels to have family issues, school issues, and everything in between. In fact, her past is why she appears so apathetic, and also a bit shy when it comes to interacting with other people. Despite her past, she tried to stay strong. Of course, there are moments where she felt like just giving up, but she's here now.

At UA High School, aiming to be a successful pro hero. One that saves people from their hardships and makes people feel safe. One that gives people an escape from their harsh reality. That is the path she chose, and nothing can stray her away from it.

Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~