12 - study session w/ bakugou and kirishima

"Happiness is having a group study with your friends!"

the monday after the sleepover...

The first semester is almost over, and you know what that means...

It's final exams season, the most dreadful time of all, for all.

To be honest, Aiko's taking the current progression quite well. What's most shocking is the fact that the semester's already over—it feels like just yesterday that she had gotten lost on the very first day of school. But now, just look at all of the progress she's made so far!

Almost everyone dreads the thought of final exams, but Aiko doesn't mind the pressure all that much. It's just something she has to get over with, whether she likes it or not. It's not like the world is ending. But just because she's not worried about it doesn't mean she won't study her ass off.

During the midterms, Aiko ranked 6th out of 20 in the class, just below Todoroki and above Jirou. Of all the finals, Classical Japanese and Math worry her the most. On the contrary, she's confident about passing English — it is her first language, after all.

Fortunately, after finals season is over, class 1A and 1B are going on a joint summer training camp trip. That's something to look forward to!

After Mr. Aizawa debriefs the class on the upcoming events, everyone breaks out into their groups. The plan is for Aiko to find one or two people to study with. She glances at the crowd of students flocking to Momo—being the top student, naturally she'll have her hands full. One option down.

"So, Todoroki," she starts.

"Yeah?" He turns around in his seat.

"Are you studying with anyone?"

"No. I prefer to study alone."

Well, that's all she needs to hear. His solitary nature wasn't surprising. Respecting his preference, she nods slightly and gives him a small smile before turning away. Another option down, she thinks, scanning the room for her next potential study partner.

As she watches the students mingle, she overhears Kirishima and Bakugou discussing their study plans. Seems there might be another option open, after all.

Not wasting any more time, she strides over to Bakugou's desk. "Hey," she inserts herself into their space, causing them to acknowledge her.

"Can I study with you guys?" She asks, her tone hopeful.

Kirishima's eyes light up immediately. "Sure—!"

"Don't you have friends?" Bakugou cut him off without a second to waste.

"There's, like, six people going to Momo already."

"That is a big group," Kirishima says.

"Right? Plus I don't need much help, it's just Japanese and Math that I'm nervous about," she continues, her gaze shifting between them. "It would be great if I could study with you two."