Tragic Beginnings

Riff and Angel are sitting at the bar when Husk is on his break so he doesn't hear and also because Riff insisted he needs a drink to get through this.

Riff takes a full bottle of bourbon and takes a swig, let's out a long sigh then starts "Okay so in my former life I wasn't born into a normal family. I came from a family of four older sisters"

Angel's eyes go wide "holy shit seriously, damm"

Riff takes another swing and says "yea I'm not bullshitin' anyway let's say they weren't exactly a very caring family. I can't give you an actual reason but my guess is that my siste-ex siblings resented me because I wasn't a girl so ever since I was born all they did was make my life a living hell. They would push me around, beat me up, take my shit, and generally be total bitches"

Angel looks shocked "wait really, shit. Well didn't your folks ever help ya'"

Riff laughs dryly and takes another long swig then continues "yea right those assholes wouldn't give two shits about me, no all they cared about was their four precious little angel's, if I ever went to them and told them what one of those scanks did to me they would say "(gasp) how dare you say that. Your sister would never do that, GO TO YOUR ROOM YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

Angel jumps back from his outburst and from shock. He understands Riff's struggles as he was also in a shity family situation. Hell he still is.

Riff quickly takes another large gulp and starts hiccuping and talking slurred, the alcohol starting to kick in.

"Y-y-yea' my l-life was-s sh(hiccup)it. A-and w-w-when I w-was s-s-seven they they s-say and I q-q-quo-q-quo(hiccup)-say w-what they s-say "we've h-had e-enough of-f your wining a-and b-b-bitching" and t-th-t-the-t-they" he stutters tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Angel moves a hand to Riff's shoulder "Its okay Riff ya' dont have ta' te-"

"THEY KICKED ME OUT!" Riff yells in a mix of fury and sadness slamming his fist on they bar counter causing angel to yell "WHAT!" but Riff ignored him.

He took another gulp of bourbon and stammered with tears practically flowing out him soaking his fur "e-e-eight years I w-was on the s-street's. Eight FUCKING YEARS, I h-h-had t-to f-f-fight t-to s-s-survive. G-going against e-e-every possible th-th-threat. Killers, muggers, r-r-rapists"

At this point Angel didn't dare to try and calm him. He may not be a expert on feelings but even a guy like him can tell Riff's been holding this all back for a LONG time.

Riff takes one final swig of the bottle before its empty and places it on the counter then continues "I-I've k-k-killed, I-I've robbed, I-I've h-hurt alot o-of people a-a-and I try b-b-blurring out my p-p-past with e-e-everything I c-could get m-my hands on. E-e-everything" he takes out his cigarette pack and throws it next to the empty bottle on the counter then takes out a bag of Angel dust and throws it on the counter much to angel's shock.

"So t-t-there y'ya' go a-a-angel n-now y-you know a-a-about m-my s-sad sh-shitty l-l-l-" Riff couldn't finish and puts his arms on the counter, bury's his head in them qnd starts sobbing.

He stayed like that for about a minute until he felt a hand on his shoulder making him lift his head to see Angel standing up with his arms spread out causing Riff to stand up, wrap his arms around Angel and bury his face into Angel's soft, fluffy chest. Angel wraps all his arms around him and comforts him.

"Its Alright kid. Dont worry its Alright"
Angel says to him patting his Riff's head.

They stayed like that for what felt like forever before they both broke from the embrace and Riff takes a deep breath then says "thanks Angel I d-d-don't know what c-came over me"

Angel ruffles Riff's hair and says "hey dont sweat it Linc that's what friends are for"

"W-w-were f-f-friends?" Riff says

Angel laughs "yea of course unless ya' want it all official and shit" Angel sticks his hand out "friends"

Riff smiles and shakes Angel's hand "friends"

Angel looks behind Riff and snorts confusing him so he turns his head to see his tail is wagging showing his joy.

"God dammit" Riff says.

"Ohh and dont worry kid your secrets safe" Angel says crossing his heart.

"I as well wont tell anybody" Riff and Angel turn to see alastor standing a few feet away from them.

"How long were you there?" Riff asks shocked.

"Since you started that riveting tale my dear boy and I must say that I am indeed deeply sorry about what you had to go through. Even I a psychopathic demon from hell would not do that to such a young boy" Alastor says sounding genuine and almost sympathetic.

"Well thanks alastor. I guess" Riff says.

"Look linc I know I promised not ta' tell anyone about this but can I at least tell cherri. Yknow she's my girl buddy and everything and we'll let's just say she'd understand what you've been through" Angel asks.

Riff looks at the counter for a moment and then says "alright. She's your best friend i guess but just be discreet. I know how bombastic you two are"

"Gotcha"

All of a sudden Charlie walks into the room with Vaggie and says "hey guys"

Riff quickly wiped his face of any remaining tears and puts the cigarettes and drugs back in his jacket pocket.

Charlie goes up to them and says to Riff "Riff I've finally gotten a hold of the people that might know about your strange power"

"wait really, great. Hold on you never said who they were" Riff says curiously.

"Ohh their my parents and they told me to come and see them with you and Vaggie" Charlie says excitedly.

"Your parents. Aren't they...?" Riff says nervously.

Alastor puts a hand on Riff's shoulder and says "That's right son your about to meat the rulers of hell. Lucifer and Lilith Magne"

Riff's pupils shrink "Ohh fuck!"