chapter 28

"Remember the first time we danced" Caitlyn looks at me.

"Of course I do, we were both so bad at it" I smile.

"Well I've somewhat learnt now" she lets go so i can twirl her.

"How have you been?" I really want to know, I care about her still but it isn't like it was.

"Well, I've been better, but things are slowly working out for me. I went back to school, I'm doing a course in pastries and cakes and so on. I'm really good at baking now. So pretty soon I'll have my own bakery" she smiles. I miss her scent, she smells so amazing.

"And you?" She knocks me out of my daydream.

"I'm good, not to lie, Lynnea's dad helped me get an internship but that led no where, so about 3 months ago I finally worked up the courage to sell the idea for my engine and the company let me keep royalties, they even employed me and reserved a head engineer spot for me, I just have to finish my degree and it's all mine" I feel the smile on my face, because I know I left out the part about Amara running her own fashion company with Belle.

"So you're at peace then?" She raise one of her perfectly done eyebrows. Her brown skin never looked more radiant.

"I am and you?" I really want to know how is the child doing.

"Well I'm working on it, and having a freind that wants to help you does wonders" she looks over to her partner whose dancing with Amara.

"He seems nice, is he good to you" just a hint of jealousy is there but it fades away very quickly.

"Oh him, his just my date here, I don't see myself in a relationship anytime soon, I've got so much to juggle between, I've got Annalise and work, not to mention college, mom and dad do thier best to help me, but they're still healing over the death of my brother. I just don't have the time to date, maybe I will when I find someone like you again but not right now" she explains.

"Well how is Anna handling all this?" I'm keeping the conversation light and smooth.

"She had to get used to the change, but here we are short of a month for a year, later and she's adapted. She's in grade 3 now but she's still a complete different child, she still has her head in books and she's so smart that they actually wanted her to skip a year" I look in Awe towards Annalise. I'm proud of her for being a good child.

"Why didn't you ever visit? I know you've been in New York all this time, you could've just drove up to me anytime" she misses a step and I laugh at her wobbling in my arms.

"Well we weren't in contact the first month I was there, and probably 2 weeks into moving there, I met Amara and at first she was a distraction to me, but I remembered how you made me want to treat women better, so I did and before I knew it I'm dating a woman completely out of my league and we've been going strong since" I can't hold back my smile.

"I'm happy for you" her smile is a genuine one.

As the song ends we walk closer and closer to Amara.

I introduce them and the guy is gone, his sitting with Annalise.

"I should go check on my child now" Caitlyn hugs Amara first then me.

"In our next life" I nod at her and she smiles.

AMARA'S P.O.V

"In our next life" he says to her and I wonder what it means because they both smile.

He looks over to me and starts explaining "in our next life is just what we said when we last saw each other, we just meant that we'd go back to each other in our next life" he tells me.