It wasn't true.

*Hey guys! its really great you guys have stuck this whole time. Thank You! Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Thank you a million!* ENJOY!

The next morning as I walked into first period the teacher called me and told I had to go to the office. Great what now?

            As I walked into the office the note said I was wanted in the principal’s office. I walked into his office hesitating each step.

            “Hello Hope.”

            “Hi.” I say nervously.

            “Well I was going through the club’s attendance list, when I came across yours, and well number 20 was empty. Care to explain?” he asked showing me the list.

            “Yes well umm,” I cleared my throat. “You see, he was there but sadly he had to, umm, well, leave early.” I say forcing a smile to make it seem real.

            “Oh well that’s just too bad.”

            “Yeah and when we passes out the sheet he was already gone.” I lie.

            “Good. So here he comes on his way to tell us what really happened.”

            WHAT? AHHHH SHIIIIT!

            “Mr. Rivera, please come in.” the principle said yelling.

            “Oh hello sir. What’s up?” Brent said avoiding eye contact with me.

            “Ms. Sanders here says that you were at her club but left early, for some unfortunate reason. Is that true?”

            Brent turns is head to finally make eye contact with me. He stares at me for a while, blank face. Then as the principle cleared his throat, Brent looked down and began to talk.

            “Yes well unfortunately we had a family emergency so my mom pulled me out of the club.” that was convincing.

            “What was your family emergency?”

            “Sorry. Can’t tell, my mom said to keep it in between the family.”

            “Well in that case, do you mind writing your name in the sheet?”

            “Oh of course not” he said as he grabbed the pen and began to sign his name. Then just like that he walked out of the office.

            As he walked out I followed. “Hey Brent.” I say grabbing his shoulder and pulling him so he would turn to see me.

            “Oh hey Hope.” He said faking a smile.

            Hope? What happened to sanders?

            “What’s up?” he said after a long pause.

            “Umm,” suddenly I had forgotten what I was going to say, “See you later.” I try to say convincingly.

            “Okay? See you second period then?”

            “Yeah.” I force a smile.