How?What?When?Where?

The bell rang for first period to start. We all said later and went to our first period. I didn’t have it with Janis nor Alaya, but I had it with one of our friends that hung out with us.

            “So Hope, ready for the first day of school?” Donna asked

            “I’m actually excited! I mean its high school and they say it’s the best four years of your life. So yeah I can’t wait!” I said in a happy tone.

            “Okay there, there you happy camper, I think you are a bit too excited! Hahaha imma need you to tone it down, because honestly me and school, we don’t go together.” She said in a not so energetic voice.

            As we entered the room some of the faces were familiar and some were just a mere memory of who they were. The teacher began to address us to our seats in alphabetical order by last names. I wanted to kill myself. I absolutely hated that teachers did this. Can’t you for once let us be with our friends? I hate school for this reason and this reason only.

            First period went by fast. I sat next to someone I knew and Donna sat in front of me so it was all good. I was glad it went by fast though, I hate English.

            In my second period I had geometry and of course none of my friends had this class with me. I was ready to die. Can the death of me come here already? As I was planning my death the teacher began to call names so we could be in our assigned seats. Great! The seats were arranged to 8 rows of four and a walk way in the middle of the class. She had said that each row of four was a team.

            “For team 5, Cassidie Jones, Brent Rivera, Amanda Adis and Hope Sanders. Team 6…” She continued.

            WHAT! OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! CASSIDIE!! Okay maybe Amanda was the only one I liked, but STILL! Now was a good time to call me dead! And who in the Jesus was Brent Rivera? Well it didn’t matter because nobody approached the seat so I guess it wasn’t important. UGH! Here let me give you the 411 of Cassidie Jones, my frienemy. Don’t get me wrong though, she was really kind and humble, honestly nobody could hate her. We were friend like back in 6th grade. I guess since we were in middle school people got driven by the fact that being popular is was more important than having real friends.

*FLASHBACK*

            So anyways the friendship me and Cassidie had was really strong. The fact that she was the prettiest of both us made it hard for me to get out of my shell. She had all these friends and all these guys saying they liked her. I couldn’t blame her even if it hit me with a wrecking ball. I like to believe everybody made her push me out because I wasn’t popular material, but then again the facts say otherwise.

*BACK TO PRESENT DAY*

            “Okay class, my name is Mrs. Maggie, but you can call me Mrs. M. So anyways without further out due, welcome to geometry.” She said like this had been the highlight of her life, teaching a bunch of high schoolers.

            “Now geometry wasn’t meant to be easy, but it wasn’t meant to be…” she got cut off by the door opening and an unknown figure walking in disrupting the class.

            That unknown figure…seeing him was like one of those moments in your life where you see everything that is going to happen if you do the right action at the right time. In that second it all flashed I knew I had to talk to him, once he entered the door I had to know his name.

            But like always luck wasn’t on my side. He sat next to Cassidie Jones, the most known and prettiest girl in my grade. WAIT… so this meant HE was THE Brent Rivera. If he’s in geometry and in our grade, how do I not know him? He must be new.

            “Hello sir, how may I help you?” Mrs. M asked as he handed her a paper.

            “I’m Brent, sorry for coming late, got hold up by the office. Guess they changed my schedule.” He replied in a careless tone.

            “Ahhh, yes. Well welcome to geometry Brent. Your seat is next to Cassidie Jones. Please have a seat.” She answered, gesturing him to the empty seat dividing Cassidie and Amanda.

            “Hello Jones.” He said dryly.

            “Hello Brent.” She said more cheerfully.

            Hold your apples! Brent wasn’t new? Cassidie knew Brent? He knew Cassidie? When did this happen? Where was I in all of this? How can I not know who he was? He has to be new!

            “A row full of chicks. This is my lucky year,” he said smirking as he checked all of us out.

            Eww.

            Maybe. He was okay looking.

            “Shut up you slob.” Cassidie said not so pleased.

            “Still feisty?” He smirked at her.

            “Still an ass?” she replied angrier.

            “Touché” he smirked.

            Cassidie was about to reply when Mrs. M cut her off and telling them both to be quiet. I was thing the same thing. How could they know each other? It was just all too confusing.