Chapter 1: The Mandalorian

A/N: I don't own any pictures, characters, songs, or anything, except for my characters, Kamaria, Kiran, and Faven. Hope you enjoy! 

~9 ABY~  

Heavy laserfire surrounded me. I looked around to see my mom firing her blaster at the stormtroopers, hitting a couple of them. But there were just too many for us to deal with. Mom then whipped around to face me. A worried look appeared on her face. 

"Kam, you need to go now." She urged.  

"No, I'm not leaving." I protested.

"You can and you will." She insisted. 

Despite her words, I remained standing in the same spot. And she quickly noticed that I hadn't moved at all. Mom let out a sigh. "Kam, please go!" 

The stormtroopers turned towards me, preparing to aim their blasters. Mom saw this, and she quickly threw herself in front of me. I watched in horror as the stormtroopers fired down my mom, causing her to collapse onto the ground in front of me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I cried out. "Mom!" 

As soon as she was on the ground, the stormtroopers noticed me still walking about. I could feel anger growing inside of me. I clenched my fists as I shouted out. "Leave me alone!" 

I then raised my hands up towards the stormtroopers, who raised their blasters up at me. 

My eyes shot open as I let out a gasp, jolting up from my bed. I looked around to see myself back in my room. I shook my head, trying not get myself thinking of the past. It was a regular day on the planet of Batuu. I lived with an old woman named Agata in a log cabin. She was a farmer and even after her husband died, she continued farming. 

When Faven and I arrived, we had no where to go. Agata welcomed us with open arms and we became part of her family, helping her out with farming and with what we could. Faven was my daughter, well adopted, but she's like my own daughter. I reluctantly climbed out of my bed and changed into a pair of pants, black boots, a brown Corellian-cut field jacket, a white tunic, my belt and holster, containing my weapons like my blaster pistol and vibroknives, and my mother's gold necklace around my neck. I then placed my long lavender hair with black streaks into a braided ponytail. 

Once I was dressed, I made my way to the dining room, where Agata and Faven were having breakfast. Faven had pale skin, white long hair with dark brown streaks, and pinkish red eyes. Faven's a Kage. Agata and Faven were having eggs, roasted shaak meat, and Mustafarian lava rolls with blue milk. Faven's eyes lit up as soon as she saw me.  

"Mom!" She exclaimed. 

"Hey, sweetheart." I greeted. "Hey Agata." 

"Mornin' Kam." Agata replied.  

I grabbed some blue milk and some eggs with a Mustafarian lava roll before plopping down on a chair, sitting beside Agata and Faven. As we ate, Agata reminded me of what needed to be done today. "Don't forget to deliver the rations to the Merchant's Row." 

"On it." I assured her. "Fa, you ready to help out Agata."

Faven nodded vigorously. "I'm prepared."

A smile appeared on my face. "Good." 

"Mom?" Faven called out.

"Yes?" I questioned before taking another bite from my roll. 

"Can you take me to work with you one day?" Faven inquired. 

"One day, Faven." I assured her. "Now, I've got to go or I'll be late. Be good for Agata."