chapter 6

My feet hurt. They were sore, and my body was bruised in every place imaginable. I stumbled a little, tripping over my own feet as we walked down the sidewalk. Billie caught me, grabbing my bicep and pulling me up.

I giggled a little. "I'm tired."

"I can tell." She let go as I tried to stand, but I pretended to fall into her again. "You can walk, fuckass." She said, pushing me off of her. I was walking Billie to meet back up with Finneas. I'd told Skylar, Luna and Dakota that I would meet them back at the artist shuttle line, promising I'd be quick.

"Which shows are you seeing tomorrow?" I asked, falling in step with her.

She thought for a moment. "I have a couple interviews tomorrow," She rolled her eyes a little. "But probably Ariana." I nodded, thinking. She hit my hand with her own, forcing me to look at her. "You should go."

I smirked. "Maybe."

"Maybe?" She scoffed. "Bitch, just say yes 'cause I know you'll be there."

I laughed, stumbling a little into her. "Wow, you know me so well."

"What I do know," She said skipping ahead, "Is you," She turned around and pointed at me, grinning. "like hanging out with me."

I watched her skip ahead, noticing how small she was. I smiled fondly. "I would argue that you like hanging out with me."

She slowed down and walked back to where I was on the sidewalk, walking backwards in front of me. "And what would you say if I told you I do."

"I would say, that you will see me tomorrow at Ariana's set."

She turned around and filed in next to me, fiddling with her rings. I caught the blush that colored her cheeks that I figured she was trying to hide. "Good." She said. I saw Finneas up ahead and waved at him. He waved back and Billie laughed. "He's a dork."

Reaching him I turned to Billie, grinning. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She beamed. "Tomorrow, fucker."

"Nice to see you as always, Finneas." I waved as I turned away, back to where I'd come from.

I heard Finneas chuckle as I walked away. "I like her." I couldn't help the smile that crept up my face.

"'I'll be quick' my ass." Dakota said as I reached their circle.

"I tried to hurry!" I exclaimed. They looked at me. "What?"

"So..?" Skylar said as they all gave me expectant looks.

I grinned, struggling to contain the urge to shout for joy. "I got her number." I did a little dance as they all cheered.

We boarded the shuttle as Dakota prodded for more information. "What happened? Like every second of it. I want to know." She sat across from me on the shuttle, Luna next to her and Skylar on my right. The shuttle was relatively empty considering how long I'd made them wait for me.

"I just-" I erupted into a grin and looked down at my rings before taking a breath to collect myself. I cleared my throat, putting on a facade or seriousness. "We're just friends."

"Oh. My. God." Skylar said, exasperated. "If you don't date her, I will beat you up dookie."

"If you don't date her," Dakota gave me a look. "I will." I rolled my eyes at them, but laughed. My smile faltered and they noticed.

"She's straight." I said, fidgeting with my bandana.

Dakota scoffed indignantly. "Says who?"

I gave her a look of, are you serious? "Literally all over her story when people ask."