chapter 2

"Let me get this straight." Dakota  was sitting on the coach, talking to me, sitting on the counter in the kitchen. We'd rented this house out for the weekend. "You hung out with Billie Eilish, moshed with her, and talked to her for an extensive amount of time," She was counting each thing on her fingers. "And you didn't get her phone number."

    "It would've been weird!" I exclaimed, hopping off the counter and walking around to the fridge. "She probably wouldn't have wanted to give it to me, and it would've been that stupid thing where you don't really want to give that person your number, but your both in the industry and it would be awkward if you said no and then somehow it would get in the news that you 'dissed' that celebrity who was trying to get your number." I grabbed a monster from the array of drinks and walked over to the couch across from Dakota . Skylar and Luna had gone to bed a little while ago.

    "She obviously liked you!" I rolled my eyes, but she spoke up before I could argue, "She isn't the type of person to keep talking to someone she doesn't want to be talking to."

    "Maybe." I said sheepishly, taking a sip from my monster. "But that does not change the fact that I don't have her number."

    "God, imagine being able to say you have Billie Eilish's number." She swung her legs up on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. She turned her head to look at me, glaring a little bit, "But somebody missed that opportunity."

"I hate you."

    "Yeah, okay."

    I stood, leaving my monster on the glass coffee table. "I'll be back. My phone's in my room." I walked to my room at the end of the hall. My room had the glass walls and sliding glass door that lead out to the pool. The whole house was that white "aesthetic" that those super weird minimalist modern houses always have and I remembered Skylar saying I would spill something on the white carpet when I booked it months ago. I located my phone, charging next to the bed, grabbing it and scrolling through the notifications as I walked back down the hall. I sat down on the couch, reading texts from my mom. They were driving out tomorrow for the show. I went to instagram and scrolled through a few posts.

    "The fans saw you with Billie." Dakota  said. "Look at your tagged. Her fans are going crazy." I clicked on my profile and went to tagged photos. The first thing I clicked on was a video, taken from what looked like a few rows behind the artist section of Billie and I dancing together, our eyes closed as we jumped up and down. I giggled. This was when Billie fell and I caught her. She had got up, yelling over the crowd, "I am not a klutz!"

    The video was poor quality, but as I scrolled through the rest, most of them were. We were at the barricade so videos were mostly the top of our heads, but it's never hard to find Billie's neon green hair in a crowd. I scrolled through a few more before finding a picture of me and the girl who'd spotted me at the Lil Pump set. I was smiling widely, her eyes puffy from tears. My arm was wrapped tight around her in a hug. It was posted on a Billie fan account,, but I gathered it was the girl in the photo. The caption read ,'I saw Y/N and she complimented my bandana!' I smiled a little and started reading the comments.

    "Bruh." I said.

    "What?" Dakota  looked over from her phone.

"I'll send it to you." I sent her the girl's post. "Read the comments. Her fans think we're like a thing 'cause we were spotted together and I complimented this girl's Billie bandana." I rolled my eyes.

    Dakota  snorted. "Rumors that you're dating Billie Eilish are a win in my book."

    "Noo. What if she sees them?" I whined rolling over to face Dakota .