Espionage

Wyatt ran through the maze of back alleys, trying to keep up with his targets. It became apparent to him that the two knew these roads well. They navigated through with ease.

Knowing that he had to keep up or else risk losing them entirely, it had pushed Wyatt to keep up with them. He was gaining on them.

Before he had a chance to reach out and stop Weidmann, a small band of thugs had stepped out from the side alleys, stopping his pursuit. He had tried to run around them, but the men grabbed Wyatt, pushing him backward.

Breathing heavily from the long-distance run he had just endured, he glanced about the four thugs before him. "Let me by."
"Don't think so," the biggest one spat. "See, we work for those blokes."

Wyatt exhaled sharply. "Of course you do," he muttered. He held his ground. "So, what now?"

"Well," the biggest one began. "We were told to stop you, but they didn't tell us how..."

"That leaves it up to us," the short man among the group chimed in. "Your life is essentially in our hands."

Wyatt raised his gun at the men. "I don't want to shoot you, but I will if I have to. Let me by."

The men laughed at him. The sound of a gun cocking behind his ear had alerted Wyatt to another man joining the fray - a man he didn't hear coming. "Funny," the new man stated. "We have one of those too. Drop your gun."

Wyatt lifted his hands defensively, slowly bending down to drop his gun to the ground. As he started to make his way back to a standing position, the man behind him struck the back of his head, causing him to collapse onto the ground.

The rest of the men didn't hesitate. They rushed forward and began their assault on Wyatt, who couldn't do much to protect himself from their attacks.

Christopher Lee navigated through the maze of alleys. He stopped for a moment, taking in the different directions before saying, "This way."

"How do you know which way to go?" Lucy asked, staying close to Lee.

"I've been exploring these alleys for years," he admitted. "Always an adventure to be had back here."

"It's also incredibly dangerous," she pointed out.

He laughed, leading her further into the alleys. "That's sort of the point. I want to live an adventurous life."

Lucy wanted to tell him all about his amazing and adventurous life that he would end up having. She was in awe of how brave he was, even at 17.

He turned a corner and asked, "So where are you from, Lucy?"

"America," she replied.

"The Land of the Free," quoted Lee. "What brought you here?"

She hesitated in telling him. She wasn't sure what to tell him. When he turned to glance over his shoulder at her, he stated, "You don't have to tell me."

"We're spies," she blurted out.

Lee's eyes widened for a moment. "Spies? You?"

She gave a half shrug. "You seem surprised."

"I guess I never thought you'd be someone to live life as a spy," he stated. He continued walking and admitted, "My step-cousin is very much into espionage - writes the occasional story about a man named Bond."

Lucy smiled at the name. She had forgotten that Ian Fleming and Christopher Lee were step-cousins. Memories of meeting Fleming came rushing over her. God had a sense of humor, she realized.