The Man With The Machine Gun

The group split up - Lucy and Wyatt were together, while Rufus, Flynn, and Emma paired up, much to Rufus's protesting.

The task at hand was simple: Find the sleepers quickly. After that, Emma had suggested that they should eliminate them before they could return to the present. Should the sleepers survive, it could have disastrous consequences.

As the three walked through the dormitories, Emma asked, "Where's your doctor friend? I thought she'd want to be a part of this mission."

Flynn narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Emma. "Why is that?"

Emma scoffed, shaking her head. "Come on," she sighed. "A chance to meet the woman who pioneered the way for women in medicine?"

"We didn't think that she needed to be a part of this one," Flynn replied, plainly.

Emma inhaled slowly. "I think you made a mistake by not having her come along."

"Why do you say that?" Rufus questioned, brows furrowed.

Emma glanced over her shoulder at the man. "Seriously?" Her eyes darted over to Flynn who had also been staring at her suspiciously. She chuckled. "If you were to fail at this mission, at least you'd still have her on the team... and she'd still be a doctor."

Flynn realized that what Emma was saying was true and he hated to admit it. He turned his eyes away from her. "We'll succeed."

"Oh? You know this for sure?" she goaded.

He glared at her. "If we fail, you're as good as dead."

Emma smirked. "Okay, tough guy. Keep your shirt on."

They rounded a corner to see some of the students mingling in the hallway. As they approached, the kids looked over at them, clearly wondering who they were.

Emma approached a kid and asked, "Have you seen any new female classmates lately?"

One kid looked Emma up and down. "Who are you?"

"I'm one of the new professors," she lied. "I'm looking for the new classmates to catch them up to speed."

"Professor?" the kid repeated. He glanced over at the others before turning back to her. "Teaching what?"

Emma realized her mistake. Flynn quickly chimed in. "She's my assistant, not an actual professor." He turned to Emma and added, "You keep forgetting your place." The students laughed, half-heartily. Flynn turned back to them and asked, "I've been instructed by the Dean to catch the new students up to speed before classes begin."

"Well," the kid started. "I think the new kids are in the library, trying to find their books."

Flynn asked, "What are your thoughts about having a female student joining you?"

The kids shrugged. "I mean, they seemed nice enough...seemed to know their stuff, too."

"They both have funny accents, though," another kid remarked.

Rufus raised an eyebrow at the comment as the three turned to head towards the library. "Those boys said 'they'," Rufus recalled as they headed outside. "Does that mean there's more than one female prospective?"

Emma's brows furrowed together as she was deep in thought. Flynn eyed her, waiting for her answer. Emma shook her head. "I guess we better find them. At least it will be a bit easier now that we know one of the sleepers is female."

The three began making their way towards the library.

Wyatt and Lucy navigated through the empty corridors of one of the campus buildings. Lucy inhaled deeply, a smile growing wide across her face. Her expression didn't go unnoticed by Wyatt.