Wicked Eyes And Wicked Hearts

The sounds of the blaring alarms within the bunker had startled both Flynn and Tenley awake. Their eyes locked for a moment, realizing the compromising position they had been in. Tenley was the first to pull away as she stood up, straightening her appearance.

The rest of the bunker, now fully awake, came running into the room. Jiya hopped up to the console and started typing madly away at the keyboard.

"What have you got?" Agent Christopher asked as she rounded the corner, depositing her things onto the table as she approached.

Jiya's eyes darted back and forth as she read the details. "It looks like 1938, Burbank, California."

With furrowed brows, the team glanced over to Lucy, who stood there with a tilted head, thinking over the information. She shook her head. "I don't know...Burbank was another Hollywood movie set location-"

Agent Christopher nodded. "Okay, better get moving." Her eyes spied Wyatt trying to hobble his way past her. "Where are you going?"

Wyatt's battered eyes darted between Denise and the team. "I'm-"

"Staying put," Agent Christopher told him. "You're in no position to be-"

"This is my job!" he growled. He motioned towards Tenley before asking, "Will you tell-"

Agent Christopher stood at her full height. "Don't put the doctor in the middle of this. You're in no position to be going anywhere. If you'd prefer it to be an order, I can make it so."

Wyatt looked angry with what he was hearing. He glanced at Tenley, silently begging her to say that he was okay, but she never said anything. Tenley knew that he had just returned from their last mission, badly beaten. She couldn't in good conscience allow him to return to work so soon. It'd do more damage than good, and she knew that he knew it too.

Tenley suspected that she'd be heading out with the team. She silently fell in line with the rest of them as they climbed into the Lifeboat. As she sat in the chair, buckling herself in, her eyes caught Flynn's amused smirk. She raised an eyebrow at him, but he remained silent.

The hatch closed and they were off.

1938

The team walked about the streets, searching for clues as to why they were in this time. They couldn't gain access to the production sets due to all of the security that lined the gates.

Because they jumped through time so early in the morning, Lucy suggested that they grab a bite to eat at the local diner to discuss their options.

They entered a fairly busy diner. There were no tables available, so they sat up at the counter, ordering some coffees and a small bite to eat.

Flynn reached over to grab a newspaper nearby. He started flipping through the pages, scanning the details, hoping for something to stick out.

As the team took care of their needs, the door to the diner opened again and a small silence took over the diner as the newcomers crowded the door. The man in the front of the group shouted, "Flynn!"

Flynn and the man next to him turned to see who had been shouting. Flynn sized up the man who was staring in his direction. They started to approach him and Flynn tensed, standing up at his full height.

The men stopped before the man next to Flynn and asked, "Is this where you ran off to?"

The man next to Flynn laughed. "Well, I prefer the scenery," he stated.

Flynn narrowed his eyes at the exchange before turning back to the team, completely confused. Lucy's eyes studied the other man for a moment before a small smile started to grace her lips. Flynn approached her and asked quietly, "Familiar?"