Maiden In Black

The days drifted by slowly. There seemed to be a growing tension within the bunker. Jiya seemed to still be upset over Future Rufus's lack of concern for her well-being. She knew based on his long hug with her that something had happened to her in the future, but there had been nothing said about it. She didn't know if something happened to her regarding her visions or if it was something else. Not knowing had started to drive her mad.

It was the same way with Wyatt in regards to the journal. He didn't understand why they weren't cracking the book open to read all about what happens in the future. In his mind, they were given a gift to help them defeat Bloodstone and perhaps Rittenhouse as well as learn what mistakes to avoid while doing it. If it were up to him, he'd have memorized the book.

Rufus struggled to understand why he had come back in time to check up on anyone. The more he tried to understand his future self, the more confused he became. It was as though he was trying to understand a complete stranger - one that Mason pointed out was.

Agent Christopher had started compiling a list of people she believed to be 'close' to her in hopes of finding the person named 'Reynolds'. She struggled to make the connection that Future Rufus had insinuated.

It wasn't long before the alarms sounded within the bunkers again. The team assembled before the computer monitors, waiting for Jiya to inform them of the date.

Jiya typed madly at the computer as she announced, "April 30, 1947, New York."

Like clockwork, all eyes drifted over to Lucy. She seemed to be struggling to make the date work. She eventually shrugged. "I don't know..."

"Anyone of historical importance to be there?" Agent Christopher suggested, trying to help jog the historian's memory.

"I'm sorry, but I have nothing coming to mind," Lucy admitted.

Agent Christopher nodded slightly. "All right then. Be careful."

The normal team climbed into the Lifeboat while the others watched on. The machine whirred and disappeared from sight.

1947

The team found themselves just outside of the city limits. The only building nearby had been the train depot. It was relatively early in the morning and not many people were out and about. The ones that were, didn't give them a second glance.

They sat down inside the train depot, trying to determine what brought Bloodstone or Rittenhouse to this time. Lucy had remained adamant that she had no earthly idea.

"What do you suggest we do?" Wyatt asked.

Lucy shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know why we're here. I'd hate for us to leave when we need to be here."

"Perhaps we should be looking for the sleepers?" Rufus mused out loud.

The team glanced at him. Lucy reminded him, "That didn't work out so well during Tesla's time. We only ever found Lillian Smith and none of her counterparts."

Flynn nodded slightly in agreement. There'd be no way for them to track down the sleepers when they didn't even know where to begin their search. In the past, the dates made sense - they had a clear direction as to the why, but not here.

Lucy scanned the slowly growing crowds in the train terminal. None of the people walking by seemed to impact her senses in any way. Until she saw one woman, in particular, leave the ticket counter.

Lucy grasped Wyatt's forearm. "Look!"

The team glanced over to where she had been looking. The woman walking by was a beautiful woman, dressed in a lovely ladies skirt suit. Her blonde hair had been curled gently, stopping at her shoulders.