Threat Assessment

After a few hours, Rufus and Wyatt had successfully removed and disarmed the bomb from George's plane. By the time George had returned, the team had finished up.

"Well?" he asked. "Were you able to do it?"

"Your plane is as good as new," Rufus replied.

George extended his hand towards them. "Thank you," he said, shaking their hands. "I appreciate your help. I still can't understand why someone would do this."

Lucy sighed. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

George turned to her. "Of course."

"I know that I'm going to sound crazy," she started. "But... if you end up getting hit, stay away from the islands."

George's brows knitted together. "You're right," he admitted. "You do sound crazy."

"I mean it," she said. "Don't swim towards the islands...it's not safe."

He held her concerned gaze. He didn't have a chance to reply before they were interrupted. "Skin!" one of the other pilots shouted at him.

Walking up to them had been the group of pilots from earlier. "Where've you been?" one of them asked.

"I had some trouble with the plane," he stated simply. "What's going on?"

"We're being assembled for our next mission," the man stated. "We better get moving before we get a tongue lashing from the CO."
George turned back to the team, nodding his thanks. His eyes lingered on Lucy's concerned expression for a moment before heading out with his squadron.

Lucy watched him leave with the others. She hoped that he would listen to her warnings.

Flynn asked, "What do you want to do about the sleeper?"

Lucy had almost forgotten about him. Wyatt quickly interjected, "Leave him here while we go home."

Flynn gritted his teeth, turning to Wyatt. "And what's to stop him from doing something else to George the moment we leave?"

"You said he's going to be leaving soon, right?" Wyatt questioned. Lucy nodded. He said, "So, we wait until he leaves-"

"That's still two days from now," Lucy pointed out.
Rufus shook his head. "I don't really want to stick around here for longer than I need to," he stated.

Wyatt sighed. "So, what? What do you want to do?"

Flynn gave a half-shrug as he stated, "We take him out like we do every other time. Make sure that he's no longer a threat and then we can go home."

"What if there's more than one sleeper?" Lucy asked. She saw the frustrated gazes from the others. "We need to be certain that he's safe-"

"Fine," Wyatt replied, cutting her off. "Let's go talk to him. See what he knows."

"Like he's going to tell us the truth?" Rufus muttered.

They began to make their way towards the makeshift jail. They hoped they'd be able to talk to the sleeper and get answers.

The team walked around the corner, near the place where the sleeper had been held. Wyatt stopped them as they watched four men attacking and killing the guards to the jail. The four suited men turned their attention to the tied up sleeper. One of them stood before him as the two exchanged words.

It came as a complete shock to everyone when the suited man fired his weapon at the sleeper. The team quickly hunkered down to avoid being seen. They watched in horror as the four turned and walked away from the scene.