The Cogs Of Fate

Present Day

The Lifeboat clanked back into the bunker, water splashing to the floor around it. The hatch opened and the team slowly emerged. Agent Christopher gazed up at them. "What happened? Where'd all this water come from?"

"Well," Rufus began. "We had to make a sudden rescue on a sinking boat."

"What are you talking about?" Denise asked, confused.

Rufus cleared his throat. "I had a little help before we left..."

The confusion was written on everyone's faces as they blinked at him. He pointed to Mason. "He gave me a heads-up."

Everyone turned to face Mason. He held up the journal and stated, "I read what would happen and decided to take matters into my own hands. In the journal, Future Rufus wrote about how Flynn and Tenley both died during this mission, being left in the brig." He held Agent Christopher's gaze. "Figured it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission with this one."

She turned and faced the team. "What happened?"

Flynn explained to everyone what took place on the Britannic. When he said that he had taken them into the cargo hold of the ship because Rufus said he'd be there to help rescue them, Rufus smiled.

Tenley looked between the two men. "Thank you..."

Denise sighed, clearly relieved that her team survived but seemingly disappointed in how it turned out. "What did we learn?"

"Violet Jessop was the girl I rescued during the Pulaski disaster," Tenley stated.

Lucy nodded. "I saw her photograph after the ship set sail. Looks like Bloodstone had taken her sometime after we left."

Tenley nodded. "Jack took her."

"Jack?" Wyatt repeated. "That Jack? The one that shot you?"

Tenley nodded again. She didn't need to remind him that Jack was also his son from a different timeline. The look on Wyatt's face had confirmed that he remembered.

"Did she share any information with you?" Mason asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

Tenley hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yeah...she did."

"Does it have anything to do with the email you got before you left?" Mason questioned.

Tenley scoffed. "Is that in the journal too?"

He shook his head. "No, you left your laptop open."

Tenley's mouth fell agape. She couldn't believe that Mason had gone through her things in her absence.

Mason added, "I went in there for some Tylenol... you left it open."

"Wait," Wyatt began. "What email? What's he talking about?"

Tenley sighed, turning around to face the rest of the team. She took in a shaky breath and asked, "Do you remember when we went back to London? And Jack was the Ripper?" The team nodded, waiting for her to continue. She said, "He told me that Bloodstone had tried several times to change my family to prevent me from...well..." She cleared her throat, determined to skip all the brutal details from that mission and conversation. She pressed on, "Apparently, they had changed the outcome of my family numerous times...but I was always the same." She paused for a moment before adding, "The email that Mason's talking about had DNA results of my family..."

"Okay?" Wyatt muttered, not following along. The rest of the team seemed to be waiting for her to continue.

"My DNA doesn't match any of theirs," she concluded.