One year

Tick tock... Tick tock... Time is up.

A year.

It was a year ago, today, exactly, since Loki had been reborn.

It was early summer and the weather was... absolutely amazing. Loki was sitting in an open window looking out, allowing the warm breeze to brush over his fur.

Ironically, he was reminded of Helheim - how cold and desolate that place had been. No living trees or plants, just suffering souls crawling around looking like mummified corpses. Searching for something, anything to ease their suffering.

Oddly enough, Loki found the thought of going back there wasn't what got to him. It was the thought of leaving people behind.

"Loki!" Thor grinned as he walked up behind Loki holding a mug of coffee in his hands. "What a wonderful day."

Loki looked up at Thor. Thor was shining once again. His blue eye glimmering with life and good humor, and somehow the golden mechanical one seemed to do the same.

He was a toned and impressive figure, the tank top he wore freely exposing his big strong arms and well... a well-muscled stomach that suited him a lot. His hair had grown out again, but this time it was well kept as it fell to his shoulders. It was a complete turn around from one year ago. He looked amazing.

Thor took in a deep breath as he turned his face into the wind to enjoy the feeling of it sweeping across his skin. With a smile, he reached forward to slide his hand down Loki's back. Loki didn't object; he closed his eyes, taking the opportunity to enjoy the gentle warmth of Thor's big hand.

"You want some tea?" Thor offered and Loki nodded.

"Coming right up!" Thor grinned as he walked back into the kitchen and turned on the kettle.

Loki kept watching as Thor moved around preparing not only the cup of tea, but two plates of breakfast as well. Just some toast and jam, but the thought - the care meant a lot to him. Even though...

Loki sighed. He really wasn't that crazy about jam; it was much to sweet for him.

"Ah! Sorry!" Thor remembered when Loki hissed lightly at him. "Just some cheese for you." He put both pieces of toast that had jam on them on his own plate, and made something new for Loki before he returned to the window. He set all the breakfast items on the counter, and picked up Loki's robe to cast it over Loki's head.

Soon afterward, Loki the Aesir made his appearance, still sitting on the windowsill and just leaning up against the frame as he accepted tea and toast. "Thank you." he said, picking up the toast and taking a bite.

Thor smiled warmly. "It really suits you to say thank you." he commented.

"It suits you to be considerate of those around you." Loki replied.

"Ouch." Thor grimaced but then shook his head. "Yeah, humility suits us both I think." Then he grinned. "Loki, it's really a shame you haven't yet seen all the things Brygul has taught himself to do! It is amazing!" he exclaimed. "Just that one page of instructions and ...well, all the images he makes do still look like mist, but still! He can hold them longer and from a little greater distance, and they're becoming more defined and detailed. I think you'd be pleased. He can make a misty figure that looks like me!"

"Considering he had no formal instruction, that is very impressive. I think he must have a fair amount of natural talent." Loki had to admit. "Just think of where he will be in a hundred years." he smiled softly.

"And think of what he could learn with a real instructor!" Thor beamed.

Loki smiled weakly, they had yet to tell the Asgardians that Loki was here. Just Thor, Valkyrie and Korg knew. To all the rest he was still just Ragnar, Thor's cat.