Fight for our lives

Surrounded by enemies, Loki flipped backwards to avoid a strike, slit the throat of a Chitauri, and kicked another of the alien creatures so it flew into a group of approaching soldiers. Grabbing another Chitauri, he broke its neck, then threw three daggers at once, all planting themselves into enemy aliens' necks before summoning two new daggers. He used one to block an incoming attack and the other to stab a big ogre-like thing, burying the dagger to its handle before he kicked the ogre away so the knife was pulled free, only to throw it so it landed in the chest of yet another enemy.

It felt like he was killing a hundred enemies a minute, plowing a furrow of Death through the battlefield. But it was laughable, honestly. The piles of corpses he had created didn't make even the slightest dent into this army.

Thor was nearby, cutting a swath with Stormbreaker, killing dozens of enemies with each swing as well as with bursts of pure electricity frying his foes.

Suddenly the two were right next to each other, their shoulders nearly touching as they continued to fight, more in sync than they had been in centuries.

"Ah, this is bringing back memories. Isn't it Brother?" Thor asked, lifting his ax to parry before cutting down the five Chitauri in front of him.

Loki rolled his eyes as he sent out a burst of pure magic, thanks to the infinity stones still being so close he could draw on their energy. It helped. "We've been in a lot of stupid situations Thor. Most of them both deadly and avoidable. This tops them all!" he growled as they swapped places to start on the other waves.

"Even when we sneaked into that volcano on Muspelheim to try our might against that lava dragon?" Thor asked, the air crackling with his latest burst of lightning.

"Even then." Loki replied, slicing an arm off and kicking his latest opponent away. "And by the way, that was you dragging me into it! It's always you dragging me into your stupid quests!"

Thor shrugged, bashing another head in. "And when we traveled to Utgard just to see if we could slay a Helhound?" Thor asked decapitating his next enemy .

"That was your idea!" Loki proclaimed grabbing a head and twisting it so the neck snapped as another dagger simultaneously found a new home nearby. "I told you it was a stupid idea! You said it would prove our manhood! Prove what?! That neither of us have a brain?!" he asked.

"Yeah, that was a stupid idea." Thor conceded, roasting another ten enemies.

"You're telling me! I told you that. But did you you listen?! NOOOOO!" Loki rolled his eyes holding up his hands and send a giant wave of ice energy spearing several enemies with the sharp icicles.

"So which one is it?" Thor asked.

"WHAT?!" Loki shouted.

"Which is dumber? This or the Helhound?"

"THIS!" Loki shouted as they shifted yet again to watch each others' backs, each working on each their own mountain of corpses.

Finally there was a break, and the two gasped for breath, slumping slightly with their backs to each other. "Norns." Loki panted. "We are going to be worn out before we even reach a general."

"We just have to push through! There is a chance!" Thor gasped. "This is it, isn't it? What you needed to make me ready for. Which means there has to be a chance to win this!"

Loki blinked, he hadn't thought about that. Thor had a point, though! Hela would not have gone through all this bother if they were just going to lose now. So they did have a chance! How though, how?