Everything Is Yours

23
Everything Is Yours
Warning(s): Explicit language

1.5 Years Later

The steady thump of Jason's heart was music to Wade's ears. His tired finger trailed an absent line across Jason's broad chest. His eyes had long lost focus but had yet to fall heavy.

Their bodies had molded together in the night. The sweat from their love-making acted as a pristine adhesive. These were the moments he'd dreamed of.

The quiet. The stillness. The faint semblance of peace in his life. That's all it was, Wade concluded, a symbol. He'd never truly know peace, so long as he kept his secret from Jason.

The time after the reset had been a transformative one to say the least. He'd saved Tulip before her disease got the better of her. He'd chosen to be with Jason instead of running from him. Another choice he made—one that came under controversy—was to give up the "life."

If anyone could call heroism a life, anyway.

He traded in his thirst for revenge and his destructive tendencies for a plot of land in Gotham. On that land, he grew a garden that blossomed into a floral business.

Wade didn't stop there. He started attending protests again. He started to use his voice again. He started to live again. For the first time in over 10 years he wasn't avenging or honoring anyone. He was just living his life.

What was left of it anyway.

He found it strange. Bittersweet, even. The reset had taken so much from so many. Billions of people were erased when the lights stopped shining.

Everyone was touched by the suffering. Even people close to him. Dick Grayson, for example, lost his soulmate. The same could be said for Hank Hall and countless others.

They lost everything. They were miserable... But Wade was happy. So happy, in fact, that sometimes he'd find reasons to bring himself down. So he could remind himself that it was only temporary.

"You're doing the thing again," Jason's baritone voice rumbled in his ear. His large hand rubbed against Wade's hip.

Wade adjusted his head on Jason's chest to look into his love's green eyes. "What thing?" He asked.

"The overthinking thing. The whole 'I don't deserve to be happy' thing." Jason clarified.

After a sigh, Wade peeled himself off of Jason's chest. "It's not that," Wade said. He shook his head ruefully.

"Then what is it, Babe?" Asked Jason. He reached out and out his hand on Wade's thigh. His warmth coaxing the man closer to him.

"I keep thinking about before," Wade said. "About what I saw the night I left you."

Jason sat up next. The thin sheet slipped past his waist. "What about it?" He asked.

Wade kept his back to Jason. His eyes fell upon a photo of their small family in the frame on his dresser. It was a week after Tulip had taken the cure. Right before her last growth spurt. He remembered feeling so happy that day. He found it hard to believe they'd made a month of memories since then.