Reunited

Alexis's POV:

Another week has went by and Chris is still trying to say sorry. He just doesn't give up. I told Leo and Jace about the conversation I heard and they believe I should just forgive him. But I they are saying the because ever since this happened 4 weeks ago. Chris has made us train from 6:30am-6:30pm on weekdays. And even after that I still have work to do because despite everything going on he has let me keep my position as his THRID in command. But still I don't mind because it keeps my mind off of Chris because no matter how hard I try to ignore him it's hard. My heart wants him. My ego is just to big to admit that. Anyway as of the moment I am in my office on a weekend doing work because I don't want to have to do this Monday. After about an hour of work there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said coldly. And in came Adam. "How can I help you?"

"Sorry for bothering you but your phone has been going of non stop for the last five minutes from your room." Adam said.

"Thank you." I said. I got up and he followed me out and I made my way upstairs. I heard my phone going crazy.

"Hello." I said.

"Im sorry to disturb you but this is Officer Ben's with the LAPD. I have Isabella and Jackson here. And i found out that your there mother. I was wondering if you wanted them."

"Of course I do. But if I may ask what happened to Tessa?"

"She was shot. I'm sorry for your loss. I heard from Isabella you two were very good friends." After he said that I started to get ready.

"It's ok. And I'm on my way there."I said.

"Yes Ma'am." I hung up and grabbed my car keys and wallet. I opened the door running out of it. I ran down the stairs and numbed into someone. I looked up and it was Chris.

"Hey sorry. I'll be back." I said and continued running.

"Where are you going?" He shouted after me. It was to late tho I was already in my mustang pulling out of the driveway. After a while I got out and pulling on my leather jacket. I walked in and to the front desk.

"Hi I got a call from officer Ben's." I said.

"Ahh yes he's waiting for you in his office." She then lead me into the office.

~20 mins later~

I was done signing papers and everything. He lead me to where they were. They were nothing very happy to see me and I was not happy no I was so happy that at this point in time I could even forgive Chris. So saying I was happy was an understatement. After that I installed the car seats in the car and drove to the mall. When we got there I got the essentials for them both and then got them some toys. On the way home Jack passed out in the car seat and I don't blame him. No Isabella on the other hand was so excited to see Jace and Leo. Them two being the only ones that know about them.

"Woah. Is this where we'll be staying mommy?"

"Well I don't know yet. We are going to go see uncle Jace and Leo." I said.

"Yaya." She said squealing. I chuckled and parked me car. I got out and grabbed the baby bag and Jack's car seat. I grabbed Isabella's hand and we headed in.

"Ready Izzy?" I asked. She nodded. When we got in the i noticed everyone in the living room. I set Jack's car seat down next to the door frame.

"Uncle Jace! Uncle Leo!" Isabella exclaimed running over to them.

"Isabella?" They both said. I leaned against the door frame. They both looked up from hugging Isa. "How? Why? I thought it was to dangerous?" Jace said. I looked down and back up.

" Yeah we need to talk about that." I said nervously.

"Why are you so nervous? your never nervous."  Leo said.

"Why don't we move into my office so we can talk privately?" I suggested.

"Yeah. Okay." Jace said. Leo picked up Isa and I grabbed Jack. We all headed to my office. Once we got in there I set Jack down and Leo set down Isa and then jace grabbed Isa and Leo grabbed Jack. I chuckled. Isa got off Jace's lap and went to look at my mini library.

"So what is it?" Jace said.

"It's about Tess."

"Ok."

"She was shot. And I got the phone call this morning and was told that Isabella and Jack were safe. And I went to pick them up. But she didn't make it." I said.  Jace got up and stormed out. I went after him. "Jace!" He stopped and looked at me with tears in his eyes. I got closer and he feel on his knees. I got down and hugged him. He hugged me back sobbing into my neck.

"She's gonna. She's gone and she isn't coming back." He said and it was breaking my heart.

"I know. I know."

"It's hurts. Make it stop please make it stop." He said sobbing.

"Uncle JJ." Isabella said. He raised his head and she ran to us because at this point I was crying to for the first time in years in crying. Because my best friend was in pain and I couldn't do anything about it. She got in between us and hugged Jace. And he cried harder. I kept rubbing his back. I whipped my tears away.

"Mommy why won't uncle JJ stop crying? I don't want him to cry it makes me sad that he is." Isabella asked me.

"Well bambina when someone you loved very much dies you release just how much you loved them. And it shatters your heart." I explained. At this point Leo had Jack and both of the kids are trying to comfort him. And then I realized something. I love Chris. That's why it hurt so bad. I kept rubbing his back.

"Lex?" Jace whispered.

"Yeah JJ." I said softly.

"Does the pain get any better? When someone that you loved more than anything dies?" He asked. I knew what he was referring to. Story for another time.

"Yeah it does. It hurt like hell. But it gets better. I promise it does Jay." I said. After a while we moved our pity party out of the public eyes and went into my room and looked the door. Where we stayed cuddling and comforting Jace.