chapter 15- Stolkhom Syndrome

“But you could go back to your pack” Nolan said as we stepped off the stage. Ending the meeting everyone dispersed and went to gossip.

“I know but I have sort of a responsibility, a duty to protect my savors- definitely not Stockholm syndrome. I mean they were even the ones kidnapping me but they helped me escape and I left them behind to deal with the consequences” I waved my hands in all sorts of motions as we passed the living room.

“You don’t need time to rest? After all it’s just been a few hours since you’ve arrived” He worried.

“plus the 10 hours I spent getting here Nolan. For all I know they could’ve been tortured in that amount of time” I spazzed.

Nolan smiled and went into the kitchen waving me over “eat and rest a day. Then we’ll begin our journey, I still need to get supplies and devise our strategy. Ramen?”

My eyes shined at the questions “yes, a million times yes”.

After eating the oh so spicy ramen I was prodded into a guest room to rest. This place is really nice and spacious. I slipped under the white covers and sunk into the mattress. This was way comfy as I was slipping into the darkness…

A sudden loud knock at the door jolted me awake.

“Hey” a grouchy familiar voice said “wake up”

I groaned and slipped further into my covers, covering my head.

“HEY, wake the fuck up”

Right, I remember that voice, it was the Lindsay or her real name Abigail.

“Ok” I groaned.

“Well we’re leaving in 15” She grouched walking away from the door.

My eyes split open and I jumped up and out of my bed. Running to the bathroom connected to the bedroom I quickly splashed some water on my face and took the toothbrush out of its wrapper. As I rapidly brushed my teeth I looked around the room for my clothes but it was nowhere to be seen until I found a note on the door.

Pretty sure you didn’t want to wear those forever, got you new clothes J it’s in the first drawer of the dresser.

I grinned brightly, he didn’t even have to do that. I would’ve been fine with my old clothes. I hopped to the dresser and yanked open the drawer revealing comfy leggings and a tank top. Well it’s certainly an upgrade I giggled. Before I was just wearing worn-out dirty sweats.

I slipped them on and jumped down the stairs to the kitchen where I miraculously saw pancakes. Ugh once this was over I am going to find everything possible to eat. It was already cold but I took what I got and scarfed them down.

“Are you ready?” Nolan chuckled “This is my beta Andrew”

“Hi, sorry I couldn’t meet you yesterday but it’ll be a pleasure working with you from now on” He shined.

Oh boy his type.

I smiled back “Nice to meet you too I’m Andrea”

“I know” Andrew chuckled.

Gratefully, Nolan interrupted “Oh right, the Indigo Rain pack called back”

I perked up at the mention “What’d they say? Did they say who was there?”

“There were a couple of survivors but only one decided to stay behind um Stanley? The Alpha didn’t remember the names of the others since there are so many people in and out but he said he’ll be sure to tell Stanley that you’re alive and to call the others when he comes back from his retreat”.

“Stanley…” I muttered. I never really talked to him. Wait. He had a mate. If he was the only one there that mean that Ally hadn’t made it? I started to tear at the thought. I couldn’t imagine the feeling of losing a mate. It was probably suffocating.

“Andrea? I asked if you knew him” Nolan said.

“Um yea but I wasn’t close to him at all” I weakly laughed.

Andrew patted me on the back “Don’t worry. Come on, let’s go”

As if it was coincidence, someone outside honked the horn. As I followed them, sitting in the living room I saw Abigail glaring at me.