the big day

It was here my 15th birthday, i opened my eyes and sat up faster than i had in the 365 days since my last birthday. I groggily woke up from my deep sleep, rubbing my eyes and letting down my now scruffy pony tail. I slowly climbed out bed pryed open my bedroom door and made my way down the hall. 'Gerard' i called loudly, I'm still not entirely used to calling him dad, 'I'm down here frankie' he called from what i think was the living room. I made the journey down the steps and peaked round the corner to see my dad and mikey sitting on the couch looking at me wirh but grins. 'Here u go El' Gerard said as he passed me a bag with a ribbon on it'. 'happy birthday my girl' he followed with. 'Happy birthday lil dude' Mikey said as i grabbed the bag ' Thanks mikey ' i responded with ans began to open the bag to find a birthday card containing bills and a couple of band shirts. 'Thanks, I love them' i said towards him flashing a smile before getting up to give him a hug. 'We can go out to eat today or just chill here with mikes' He questioned' How about we order take away and watch movies' i said in return. 'sure i'll get some breakfast sorted' my dad said in cheery manner before standing up and planting a kiss on my head before wandering into the kitchen presumably to make breakfast. 'Here you go Elise' Mikey said handing me medium sized box wrapped in brown paper, I opened it to discover a new pair of pink chucks. 'Thank you so much mikey you didn't have to ' i said shocked he'd bought me a gift. 'Of course i did, You're my niece '. Soon dad returned with cinnamon pancakes with blueberries on top. i flashed a large smile before taking my plate and tucking in.
As the day went on we watched some tv and chatted soon my grandparents arrived with a card ans dollars for my birthday followed by a lot of fussing from my grandma. More and more time passed and eventually frank came wishing me a happy birthday. By the end of the night we had ordered chinese food and watched some horror movies . Frank and mikey left around 11 as me and my dad continued to watch movies, before he finally spoke ruining the comfortable silence. 'El i don't wanna be the one to ruin everything but you have to start school in 2 days' He said sounding anxious about my reaction. 'Whatever i guess i do' i responded not wanting to blow up about it , i didn't have the energy after spending my teenage years fighting with my mom before losing her i lost the energy to fight with anyone i loved, not that i really loved Him, well as much as i tell myself i don't the feelings of love towards my dad were deep inside me. After another long slightly less comfortable silence we both decided to go to bed my dad pulling me close before i opened my bed room door and planting a kiss on my forehead and saying ' good night, i'll let you sleep in tomorrow since we have another few days before school unfortunately begins for you ' . ' i guess yeah, enjoy the time i suppose ' i stated with a hint of apprehension in my voice. He could obviously sense this responding with ' only a few weeks and then 2 months off for summer' after this we said our final good nights and i entered my bedroom before getting on my old shirt to sleep and clinging into my white bed with dark spotted sheets on and drifting into my dreams.