Chapter 9

"(Y/n), what the fuck are you wearing."

I just walked through the black walls of l'manburg with my newly enchanted full netherwright armor that Dream gave me yesterday. Tommy gaped in aw at the gleaming black armor, but there is something else in his eyes.

"Where did you get that?" He said suspiciously, narrowing his sky blue eyes. "There is no way that you could of minded all those ancient scraps overnight."

"Or did I?" I said, half challenging him, half joking. "I could of easily gotten all of this overnight."

Tommy looked like he wanted to protest, but only stammered and looked quietly at his hands to recheck his math.

"(Y/n), there you are." Said a familiar soft voice.

Wilbur put his hands on my shoulder, smiling ever so slightly.

"Wilbur." I said, dipping my head politely, but I slanted sideways from the armor strapped to my chest.

"(Y/n), I think we deserve to know where you got this," he said, glancing sideways at my new armor. "But I think we already know who gave it to you. After all, only one person here is that filthy rich."

"Dream." I admitted, it was hard to lie to those piercing brown eyes. "He gave it to me yesterday. He said that it was a, "welcoming gift", I suppose."

Tommy bit his lips when I said that, then turned around walking away muttering some about Dream being a bitch.

I turned around to meet Wilburs eyes. His face knitted up into a half scoul, making me shrink back.

"You do know that he's trying to bribe you, right?" He asked.

"Yes I do, and I'm not falling for it." I protested. "I know that he'as trying to bribe me, but if i do take the resources that he gives me, won't it benefit l'manburg?"

Wilbur scratched his head and pondered for a moment, then shook his head.

"(Y/n), that's not the point. Yes, this will benefit us for a short amount of time, but look at it this way. Dream's slowly earning your trust, whether you like it or not."

"He's not." I protested, but deep down, I know that I can't trust my own judgement. Wilbur must have seen the look on my face, because he just sighed.

"The only way that we can prevent this is by avoiding him." he pleaded.

Anger was starting to boil in my stomach, rage was starting to creep into my expression. He wasn't listening to me, he doesn't even think that I was trying to do what's best for l'manburg.

"Then you're all cowered!" I cried with frustration. "You can't just keep on hiding in your holes. We are on the brink of war, and you want to hide from the enemy?"

Suddenly, Wilbur's expression turned from a scowl to a worried one. It was as clear as the afternoon's sunny day, and it felt like the temperatures dropped 20 degrees.

"What?" I asked softly, genuinely worried.

"I think you have to see this."

To be continued...