Chapter 10

There was this one time I left all my food in a chest around 90000 blocks away in a jungle when I was exploring and mining. But when I realized my mistake, I was already home.

I experienced that feeling for the first time in my life. The feeling of dread sinking into you as you realize what's happening. Your stomach twisting up into a knot, squeezing all your afternoon lunch out as you try to reject reality.

This same feeling stuck me as I followed Wilbur to the hto dog van, were the answer lies.

"Wilbur, what are you doing?" I asked with a shaky breath, jogging from time to time to catch up to him.

"Dream has..." he said hesitantly, then stopped himself and shook his head. "You'll see."

We climbed upped the stairs and walked towards the table, with a paper. Wait, no. An envelope, an single black envelope sat menacingly on the table, unopened, untouched.

"Wilbur, do you even know what's in the letter?" I asked dumbfounded.

"There's no need to open it for me to understand what's going on." He said calmly, which surprised me considering how much this single envelope can change the fate of l'manburg.

I glanced at Wilbur, waiting for his command. He nodded his head, and I slowly reached out and grabbed the black envelope and ripped it opened.

"'Tommy, Wilbur, and the rest of l'manburg.'" I read out loud. "'We are at war. There is no mercy. We have burnt down Tubbo's house. We have planted TNT cannons around your land. Why have cobblestone walled the outside and we have shot one warning shot inside your walls. We have no mercy. No mercy for you. We will burn down your houses. We will kill everything inside your walls and we will take back the land that is rightfully ours. I want to see white flags. WHITE FLAGS OUTSIDE OF YOUR BASE, BY TOMORROW, OR YOU ARE DEAD!.'"

I finished, shaking my hands. I looked at Wilbur, and he nodded at me, speaking an unspoken message.

"Does Tommy know about this?" I asked, worried.

"Yes. He's looking for Tubbo right now, he's going to be back soon. But the real question," he said, taking a step towards me. "The real question is, do you want to join l'manburg. I want a yes or a no, right now."

"Yes." I said immediate, standing up. "I want to join."

A smile grew on Wilbur's face, and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Good, good. Now since we are going to war soon, you need to learn how to wear your armour properly." He said, patting my new netheright armour. "Your chestplate is backwards, the straps on your arms isn't tied up properly, and it even isn't enchanted."

"You knew all of this, yet you didn't tell me?" I spluttered, face heating up.

"Come on, it's funny." He said, smiling. "Now then, let's prepare."

To be continued...