Chapter 12

I froze immediately when I saw the situation. I slowly backed up, heart thumping so loud that SapNap probably could hear me loud and clear.

I glance at Tommy, and it seems like he saw me before I did. He shook his head, then went back to staring at Sapnap.

Unfortunately, Sapnap already suspects me and snapped his head towards my direction. I dove behind a tree, just millisecond away from being spotted.

Tommy tried his best to keep Sapnaps attention away from me, insulting him in ways that almost made me laugh.

Sapnap look like he was on the verge of shooting his right now, face burning so much you could see steam coming out of his ears.

I slowly pulled out a crossbow that I found in a chest in L'manburg, and may or may not have stolen it because it looked cool. I place an arrow in it, and pulled the strings to load it.

Time was running out.

I pointed the crossbow at Sapnap, squinting my eyes to aim perfectly. I have never used a bow before, let alone a crossbow. But what other options do I have?

My sweaty hands clenched the wooden handle, arms straining from holding the position. I started counting down until I fired. This could either end up well or horribly.

5

4

3

2

1

...

I fired the arrow, aiming strait for his back. It hit perfectly spot on, sticking out of his upper armour, pearcing through it and sticking out like a porcupine.

He cried out in pain and jerked away from Tommy, and Tommy sees this as an opportunity to literally push Sapnap off of the tower. With one quick shove, he fell out of the tower, landing on his chest.

That should knock him out for a while.

"Tommy run!" I shouted, waving harshly at the direction I came from.

He ran towards me, then took a glance at Sapnaps limp body, then bolted straight to the forest.

We only ran for a couple of seconds when we ran into Wilbur.

"(Y/n), what the fuck do you think you're doing?" He whispered harshly, glaring at me.

"I saved Tommy." I retorted back.

"Shut up, he didn't." Tommy snapped, clearly embarrassed. "I had everything in control."

The sudden russle of leaves told us that we had to move.

"We are discussing this in l'manburg." Wilbur hissed.

[ ------------------------------------- ]

"(Y/n), what were you thinking?"

Me and Tommy were in the hto dog van, being scolded by Wilbur. We laid our heads low as Wilbur ranted about how dangerous decisions we made.

"-you could of both died!" He said.

"Tommy could of died if it wasn't for me" I protested. "I shot Sapnap in the back, and saved Tommy. We won."

"Did we?" He asked. "We all retreated to l'manburg, so we technically lost."

I paused and let his harsh words sink in.

We lost.

We lost the first battle and ran away like cowards.

We aren't even close to wining this war.

This could only end badly

To be continued...