Chapter 13

"Thanks, Fundy." I said as the young boy applied bandages on the big cut I got from a tree branch.

The Battle Of The Power Tower, Tommy called it that because that was the tower's name that he was stuck on, ended in a complete disaster, with both sides suffering casualties.

L'manburg lost the battle and Tommy almost got killed, and the Dream smp having to deal with the arrow I shot in SapNaps back. I'm pretty sure that they have a personal grudge on me because of that.

Luckly, Tommy didn't have any injuries whatsoever, so that's something.

"We didn't even have armor, those bastards." Tommy said, gritting his teeth. "What part of honor do they not understand? Attacking us before we were prepared-"

"You can't blame them on a surprise attack Tommy." I said, trying to comfort him. "It's our fault that we weren't prepared."

Tommy turned his head away, grumbling something not very nice about Dream being a dick head.

"I got you new armor Tommy." Tubbo said, walking in the hot dog van. "It's not enchanted, but it is netherite."

"Thanks Tubbo." Tommy grumbled without looking up. Tubbo smiled, then turned to me.

"I also got mending on your armor, just so that they don't break." he said, handing me the armor I got from Dream.

"Thank you." I said gratefully. "Out of curiosity, where did you get the mending book?"

"I got them from my villagers, specifically the mending ones." he said cheerfully. "Well, at least I did have Villagers."

"What do you mean?" I asked. That sudden drop of enthusiasm really worries me.

"Well, I don't know why, but people come to the place where I keep my villager and kill them from time to time." Tubbo answered, looking down at his feet. "Honestly, I don't even know how to stop them."

"Hide them in a safer place." Tommy snapped. I quickly glared at him and he turned away again.

"I think what he's trying to tell us is how chaotic this place is." I retorted, and turned back to Tubbo. "Don't worry. If we win this war and get independence, then you can keep the villagers in the walls of l'manburg. They should be safe there."

"That does seem like a good idea." Tubbo said, scratching his head. He then grinned "Alright then, lets win this war!"

[ ------------------------------------- ]

"What have we got, what's the report?" Wilbur asked, sitting in front of the table

Everyone in l'manburg was tightly squeezed inside the van, carefully listening waiting for me and Tommy to answer. The small rectangular oak table took up most of the space, with slightly shattered glass windows on the side. The ragged cobblestone roof loomed above us, providing shelter from the rain, but also giving me the feeling that it could collapse any second.

"Alright, alright." Tommy said. "Here's the situation. The Dream boys, they already trapped me and (y/n), and almost killed Tubbo."

"Excuse me, but when was I trapped?" I asked politely. I got a glare from Tommy in return.

"They, you know, feel like they got the power." Tommy continued, ignoring my interruption. "Their egos are up, they even took, okay look. Tubbo worked 12 hours the other last night, and-"

"And they took it all." Tubbo finished.

"I- I don't know man, I mean what do you think we've got to do now?" Tommy stuttered, looking helpless. I felt a stab of pity for him, putting this much pressure on a little boy like him.

"I think the element of surprise is needed." Wilbur said, walking towards the back storage. "We can't go in just guns blazing right into them."

Fundy gave Wilbur one of the "no shit sherlock" looks. The one that you roll your eyes and let out a scoff. I glanced warily at Fundy. It seems like their conflict hasn't been resolved.

"By the way, my son." Wilbur said, reading my mind. "How have you been?"

"It could've been better," mumbled Fundy.

"Okay..." Wilbur replied, clearly embarrassed. "Anyways, before we go into battle, gentlemens, may I read you the declaration of independence."

My ears instantly peaked up. Was Wilbur really ready to declare independence? It does seem pretty early for right now...

"Forever the nation of the DreamSMP has cast great sins upon our great land of the hto dog van." Wilbur read. "They have robbed us. Imprisoned us. Threatened us. Killed many of our men. This time of tyranny ends with us."

"This book declares that the nation which shall henceforth be known as L'Manberg is separate, emancipated and independent from the nation of DreamSMP." Wilbur continued, slamming his fist on the table, causing a wide grin to blossom on my face. "The union of the masters of men. Together we are one. When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for-"

"Wil- Wilbur?" Tommy interrupted, stuttering.

"Yes, what?" Wilbur asked, looking up from the new leather covered book.

"Their surrounding us Wil-"

Tommy only had time to say those few words when an arrow smashed through the thin windows, sending shards of glass at our direction, heading strait for Wilburs stomach.

To be continued...