Advice and Breakdowns

Chapter Four: Advice and Breakdowns

by: tweety-src-clt9

Harry was lying on his bed thinking about his problem - getting Hermione to fall in love with him. Of course, with the main problem comes other hindrances so listed them. Look at me making a list? I'm pulling a Hermione once again.

He grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill and started to write.

Main Problem: How to make Hermione fall in love with me

Other Problems:

The DAMNED Betrothal Contracts

The punks who are crazy about Hermione

Hermione thinks I think of her as a sister

I'm crap at Romance.

I'm not good with girls.

With those in mind, he decided to address each problem by looking for a person who he thinks are experts on the subject. Okay, let's see. For the damned contracts, I need a pureblood. Someone who knowd about these things. And then it him, he had the perfect person to ask. So he grabbed another parchment and started writing.

Dear Andromeda,

How are you and Teddy? I promise I'll visit more often once school's out. Anyway, I have a problem. I reckon you'd be the best person to ask about this. What do you know about betrothal contracts? How do you make them? What are usually stated there? If someone has a lot of options how does one know which to pick?

Before I get carried away, let me give you a background first.

I'm in love with Hermione Granger. She doesn't know it yet but I plan to tell her of course. First problem: she thinks I think of her as a sister. Second problem: There are so many blokes who are offering her with betrothal contracts.

So... what's a bloke to do? Do you think I should offer a betrothal contract as well to prevent her from accepting someone else?

I really appreciate any advice and help.

Give Teddy a kiss for me.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter

P.S. hope you can keep this a secret.

Harry read the letter and smiled. Okay! That's one problem off the list. Now let's see... my problem with the punks who are crazy about Hermione. Who do I ask about that? Hmmm...

Dear Bill,

I need your help. I reckon you're the best guy to ask help from about this since I'm sure you've had the same problem.

Fleur has Veela blood and I'm sure you had to fight other blokes for her attention especially those lecherous ones. So, how do you control your anger when punks like those ogle Fleur?

The questions may seem weird to you so I'll give you a background.

I'm in love with Hermione Granger.

Problem is with her being the smartest witch of the generation and her being voted by all blokes in Hogwarts as this year's sexiest witch, I don't know what to do. I literally burst into flames (my hand was on fire) when I read the vulgar comments some blokes wrote about Hermione in a list that's called The Top 10 Sexiest Witches in Hogwarts for 1998 (Official Results). I hate how they look at her and I know I can't do anything about it.

Another problem, Hermione gets a lot of betrothal offers from various blokes.

What should I do, Bill? Any advice?