The Auction

Chapter Six: The Auction

by: tweety-src-clt9

Harry's POV

Ever since Hermione signed the betrothal agreement, I started to feel more relaxed about things. Sure she doesn't know that she's betrothed to me yet but there is a certain comfort in the fact that the deal is sealed. Bill was right after all. It's so much easier to control your emotions when you know where you stand. A lot of blokes in Hogwarts still give Hermione the look every once in a while, but I'm not bothered anymore. She's mine after all. The afternoon she signed our betrothal agreement, I know that Hermione's been sending out her rejection notices to the rest of her offers. I tried getting information out of her, but she just told me that I was right about the Gringotts notice, it indeed was a very good offer and she decided to accept it. So I asked her if she's happy about it and she just told me she's content since the mysterious lord seemed really nice and now she's able to help her parents financially. Of course, I felt really happy to be able to help her. I just hope she won't hex me once she finds out the truth tonight though.

The night of the Ministry auction is the last night before Easter break which is a two week holiday. Right now I'm waiting for Hermione to come down since we're all flooing to the ministry together with the rest of the gang.

I'm sitting in our shared common room staring at my wrist watch and tapping the ring boxes in my pocket. I'll be giving these rings to the future Lady Potter-Black tonight. I also had a bigger jewelry box in my hand, it's a diamond necklace and earring set. It's actually part of the Potter family engagement jewels that I intend to have Hermione wear to the auction. Apparently, it's part of the betrothal tradition.

"Harry? You ready to go? We still have to fetch Ron, Ginny, and Neville.", Hermione said as she came down the stairs. Damn! I'm such a lucky bloke!, he thought at he stared at Hermione. It's like the Yule Ball all over again. Hermione is wearing a long sleeved figure hugging black dress with the skirt flowing down to her ankles. The neckline is very demure just perfect to showcase the necklace in. Hermione had her hair loose and the ringlets of her hair flow elegantly down her back. She had very light make up on. She looks perfect! And the dress is very demure which is the best part.

"Harry? You alright?", Hermione said waving a hand in front of his face.

"Wow! You look great Hermione.", he finally said.

"Thanks. So shall we go?", she said with a slight blush.

"Wait a second. I got you something. This will be a perfect match for your dress.", I opened the box containing the diamond necklace and earring set.

"Harry! It's gorgeous. Where did you get this?", Hermione said grazing her fingertips on the necklace. I playfully closed the box to trap her hand and laughed. She gave me a mock glare and a shove.

"Sorry! Can't help it.", I laughed.

"Prat!", she said and chuckled.

"It's from my vault. I reckoned it'll look great on you so, I brought it with me.", he explained extending the other arm and rubbing his neck from the back to control his nerves.

"Harry! I can't wear this. It's too much.", Hermione said.

"Sure you can. Please 'Mione. Wear it for me.", I pouted and gave her my best puppy eyes.

"Only you Harry Potter would use your puppy eyes to get a girl to wear jewelry.", she said and pinched his cheek.

"Come on 'Mione, please.", I pouted some more and she finally relented.