Honeymoon Bliss

Chapter Fourteen: Honeymoon Bliss

by: tweety-src-clt9

Harry enjoyed spending time with Hermione as they shopped for her clothes and some shoes. It turns out that the Goring has exclusive partnerships with a few luxury brands and they made good use of the discounts. He found it quite amusing that sales people stare at them in awe as Anton introduces them to a store manager in each shop they visit as the Lord and Lady Potter-Black. Apparently, they find it hard to believe that they were so young, married, and staying at the most luxurious suite in Britain. Of course they were treated very well after all, they did purchase a lot and each store they entered definitely made a sale.

The thing that placed a damper in Harry's mood was the stares that men receive as they walked around the stores and visit the sights. Hermione was right that her shoes made wonders for her long legs and bum - problem was he's not just the only bloke that notices. Hermione of course was oblivious to all this as she spent her time enjoying the sights, talking to him about random facts she knew about the places they visited, and contemplated her choices as they shopped. So Harry did the only thing he could - be by her side at all times. He always made sure that he either holds her hand or has an arm around her shoulder or her waist all throughout the day.

"Harry, since its your belated birthday celebration, I can cook dinner for us at our suite and then we can lounge around watching the telly again. How's that sound?", she asked him as they were riding the limo back to their hotel.

"That sounds great 'Mione. But you really didn't have to do anything. I celebrated my birthday yesterday with our friends and family at the wedding. Besides, I got you and that's the best present ever!", he said as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close.

"Smooth, Potter. Who knew you could be such a charmer? What ever happened to the stuttering Harry who gets so nervous around girls?", she teased.

"Well Potter, I got to up the charms since a lot of blokes are still hovering around my wife.", he teased back.

"Honestly! What blokes are you talking about? You're such a caveman!", she huffed.

"Trust me Hermione. I know what those blokes thing when they see you. So, I can't help it if I go all caveman on you!", he sighed.

"Well, you shouldn't worry about them. Besides, you already have your rings on my fingers.", she told him.

"I just, it's hard controlling my temper when they look at you like a piece of meat.", he admitted.

"Harry, they can look but they can't touch. Besides, I can take care of myself.", she reassured him.

"I guess you're right.", he conceded.

"Hey, what are we doing next after London? When are we going to New York?", she changed the topic.

"We can leave The Goring for the airport in two more days if you want. By then, we would have been rested well and ready to official start our honeymoon vacation. I will finalize the tickets if that works for you?", he inquired.

"That sounds great! But why New York?", she asked.

"I reckon you would love it there. Broadway, museums, libraries, food, and shopping. Then we can tour around the US. I want go visit Disneyworld and then we could go to California for some sun.", he informed her of his initial plans.

"Sounds brilliant! Can we go to Greece next after we explore the US? I've always wanted to go. After Greece, you get to pick the next destination.", she smiled at him.

"Greece it is then. Afterwards, can we go to Singapore? From there we could go an asian tour or something. Asia seems exciting and exotic.", he told her.