Chapter 3

A/N  (N/N) = Best friend's nickname. 

Today my first class was potions and I couldn't stop giggling after recalling the prank me and the twins pulled in the dungeons. And I couldn't stop smiling after thinking how Remus saw but said nothing and the encounter.

"What is it idiot? You're smiling too much today." (BF/N) asked.

I winked at her. "Well, you know why."

"Gods," she groaned as I bumped my shoulder with her, "You have been repeating that story for hours"

"Did I ever complain when you were rambling about Ron?" I hissed, careful not to let anyone hear it.

She said a few colorful string of words as I laughed and walked to the class.

With all the bickerings Malfoy, Ron and Harry had, I could barely concentrate on my potion. I clutched the knife in my hand tightly as my jaws were clenched. If Snape's cold monotone had not interrupted me there are chances I would have caused a scene here.

"Orange, Longbottom," He said, as he poured back the orange potion back into the cauldron.

"Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours? Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one cat spleen was needed? Didn't I state plainly that a dash of leech juice would suffice? What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?"

I looked away, closing my eyes.

I went and stood before a trembling Neville Longbottom. "By the end of the lesson, he will have his potion done properly."

He coldly stared at me. "If not?"

"You know what to do if not."

"5 points from Gryffindor for Ms.(L/N)'s behavior. And Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly."

I rolled my eyes. "Still a jerk," I muttered under my breath.

"Let's get to work, Neville."

I tried my level best to ignore the talks about Sirius to my left and concentrated on giving Neville the proper information.

I hopefully succeeded with the potion. At the end of the lesson, Snape strode to our desk and examined the potion.

"Everyone gather 'round," said Snape, his black eyes glittering, "and watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. If he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely to be poisoned."

Neville was nervously fiddling with his fingers. "Do you not trust yourself - or me in this case - that much?" I asked.

"I-What if it turns out bad and Trevor is poisoned?"

"Its alright, Neville, it won't happen."

Snape picked up Trevor the toad in his left hand and dipped a small spoon into Neville's potion, which was now green. He trickled a few drops down Trevor's throat and the toad shrunk to a tadpole.

I smirked as I looked at Snape's sour face when he pulled the antidote.

"5 points from Gryffindor"

"Why?"

"For your insolent behavior, Ms.(L/N)"

I shrugged but the smirk still on my face.

Me and (BF/N) entered the Defense Against Dark Arts classroom as everyone was seated. I soo did not want to face a bogart today but it was Lupin's first class.