Chapter 5

"No transfiguration" I moaned as we walked to the transfiguration classroom.

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" (BF/N) asked.

"I abducted her"

She gasped. "Oh my! Bring her back"

Before I could reply to her, my attention was stolen by the commotion happening in the front.

Lavender was crying as Parvati had an arm wrapped around her.

"What's the matter, Lavender?" asked Hermione

"She got a letter from home this morning," Parvati whispered. "It's her rabbit, Binky. He's been killed by a fox."

"So, the fox broke into her home and killed it?" I whispered to (BF/N)

"Shut up idiot!" she hissed.

"The sixteenth of October! 'That thing you're dreading, it will happen on the sixteenth of October!' Remember? She was right, she was right!"

"You - you were dreading Binky being killed by a fox?" Hermione said.

"Well, not necessarily by a fox," said Lavender, "but I was obviously dreading him dying, wasn't I?"

"Was Binky an old rabbit?"

"N - no! H - he was only a baby!"

"But then, why would you dread him dying?"

"Well, look at it logically, I mean, Binky didn't even die today, did he? Lavender just got the news today and she can't have been dreading it because it's come as a real shock -"

"Don't mind Hermione, Lavender," said Ron loudly, "she doesn't think other people's pets matter very much."

"Shut up, Weasley." I glared at him.

I grabbed Hermione by arm and dragged her inside.

Halloween was a nightmare for me. I wanted to go on my first Hogsmeade trip but I didn't want to go anywhere on Halloween. 31st October had always been a hard day for me ever since I was introduced to the Harry Potter world. Now that Moony is here too, I absolutely did not want to leave the castle.

Immediately after I bid (BF/N) goodbye, I rushed back to the common, got my Prisoner of Azkaban book, and sprinted to Remus' office.

I stood in front of his office panting before knocking on the door. "Come in" a voice called from inside the room.

"Hey Moo-" I trailed off seeing Harry stare at me in confusion and hid the book behind my back which I was waving in the air, "Professor. Morning professor."

"Morning (Y/N). Come on, take a seat" He smiled pleasantly.

I went and sat next to Harry still hiding the book from his view.

"I was showing Harry Grindylows which we will be studying in our next lesson," He said, not knowing that I already knew that little detail which flew out of my mind in the needed time.

I scrunched my face and lightly shook my head, mouthing 'No' when Harry was not looking and was focused on his tea as Moony narrowed his eyes on me.

"I have a doubt," Harry asked suddenly, I internally groaned knowing wherever this conversation was heading it was not going to be good, "Remember the day we fought the boggart?"

"Yes," I answered.

"Why was your boggart that-?"

"Um," I silently pleaded Remus to save me from this situation but it was Snape who actually did that by knocking on the door.

"Come in" Remus called again.

Snape came in carrying a steaming goblet, his eyes narrowed at us.

"Ah, Severus," said Remus. "Thanks very much. Could you leave it on the desk for me?"

Snape set down the smoking goblet.

"I was just showing them my Grindylow," said Remus pleasantly, pointing at the tank.

"Fascinating," said Snape, without looking at it. "You should drink that directly, Lupin."

"Yes, Yes, I will,".

"I made an entire cauldronful. If you need more."

"I should probably have some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus."

"Not at all," he said as he backed out of the classroom.

"Professor Snape has very kindly concocted a potion for me," he said. "I have never been much of a potion-brewer and this one is particularly complex." He picked up the goblet and sniffed it. "Pity sugar makes it useless," he added.

"Why -?" Harry began.

"I've been feeling a bit off-color," he said. "This potion is the only thing that helps."

I mouthed the words 'Furry Problem' after leaning against his desk and was pretty sure that he saw it but chose to ignore it.

"I am very lucky to be working alongside Professor Snape; there aren't many wizards who are up to making it."

'Liar' I once again said which he once again ignored.

"Professor Snape's very interested in the Dark Arts," Harry said.

"Really?" asked Remus, still sipping his potion.

"Some people reckon -" Harry hesitated, "some people reckon he'd do anything to get the Defense Against the Dark Arts job."

Moony drained the goblet and pulled a face.

"Disgusting," he said, as I resisted the urge to laugh "Well, Harry, I'd better get back to work. See you at the feast later."

"Right," said Harry, putting down his empty teacup and left.

"Sorry," I said after he left.

Remus sighed. "It's alright"

"Hey Moony," I said as his head shot up to look at me a sad smile forming on his face, "I wanted to give you this book that you might wanna read"

I took out the book I had been hiding this long and gave it to him. He raised his eyebrows after seeing the bookmark in yellow color with the Hufflepuff logo designing the front.

I shrugged innocently. "I didn't know I would be sorted in Gryffindor"

He read the title out loud, "Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban"

"I am not supposed to even tell you this much less show you the book but I trust you," I said.

"Just for the record, you know about my...situation, don't you?"

"Well, Moony, I know about your furry problem and about the things that your friends did too. And when is the next full moon?"

His eyes were wide. "Um, in two days."

I nodded.

"Oh and I wanted to ask you a little something," He started as I raised my eyebrow, "Any improvements?"

I frowned in confusion. "In what?"

"In your love life"

My eyes were wide as I felt my face heat up. "Moony, no" I breathed out, "Why would you-?"

"Just curious, but really, you two would look-"

"Shut up Moony!" I said as I walked out of his office, not before hearing him laugh.