Chapter 6

I watched the scene unfold in the Gryffindor common room after I returned from Remus' office. The fat lady had vanished, her portrait being slashed into bits, everyone but me knew who did this and the honest reason behind it.

Percy pushed past me to get to the portrait. "Somebody get Dumbledore quickly," he said.

Dumbledore, Lupin, Snape and McGonagall walked through the narrow path allowed by the students squeezing into one place, eyeing me as if silently asking me a question: Who?

My small nonchalant shrug was enough for them to know who had done this.

"We need to find her," said Dumbledore. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

"You'll be lucky!" said Peeves, passing through the crowd.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" said Dumbledore calmly

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. "Poor thing," he added.

"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly.

"Oh yes, Professorhead," said Peeves, "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see. Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

I gritted my teeth at his words. Sirius had all rights to be angry, being falsely convicted to a horrible prison, losing his insanity slowly for a crime he never committed even worse a crime of killing his best friend.

"Hey, pride, calm down" (BF/N) said, resting her hands gently on my arm and that's when I realized my fists were clenched at my side.

I looked at her. "I am gonna punch each and every single one of them who thought he was a murderer" I whispered.

"Then you will have to punch the wizarding world as a whole, that's a tiring job, hun." She smirked.

I stuck my tongue out her as we were beckoned to follow the head boy to the great hall.

"But come on, there is an advantage: You can sleep in this amazing great hall, staring at the marvelous starry sky."

I stared at her and sighed.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione asked after we all settled down in our sleeping bags.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Ron.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know, the one night we weren't in the tower..." said Hermione.

"(N/N) ask them to shut up," I groaned as I rolled over to stare at the starry ceiling.

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run, didn't realize it was Halloween. Otherwise, he'd have come bursting in here." I heard Ron say.

"Maybe he knows how to Apparate," said a Ravenclaw a few feet away, "Just appear out of thin air, you know."

"Yeah, totally," I said sarcastically.

"Disguised himself, probably," said a fifth-year Hufflepuff, next to me. I snorted and turned over, burying my head in the pillow.

"He could've flown in," suggested Dean Thomas.

I tuned out the discussion knowing it is nothing more than a mere hypothesis which I was not interested in, but one question drew my attention.

"You are with Sirius Black, aren't you?" I jerked my head in the direction of the question. And unsurprisingly it was directed to me from Lavender.