CHAPTER: TWENTY THREE

Jaxon's mom hasn't spoken to him since the news. He didn't mind either way but sometimes he wonders if, what if they were just regular people? Would she still think the same way as to how she does against people in society? What would she say about Quinn? I don't see why she is like this after all he is a grown man and should be able to make his own decisions.

Jaxon sat on the side of his bed, so many things roaming in his head. He had decided to look on social media. Not even a good minute scrolling through Instagram, he saw all sorts of videos, memes, and silly things those people make to mock him. Deep down he felt as if he should have just stuck with his class but at the same time, he askes himself, why is it a big deal? Why classing people in society when we all do the same as the rich and the poor? We all sin, so what's the fuss. Jaxon was getting sick and tired of all the silly things and was about to throw his phone against the wall but got a call from his assistant in France.
"bonjour monsieur, est-ce que tout va bien?"
(Hello sir is everything okay?)

"oui pourquoi quel est le problème?" (Yes why whats the concern)
"oh, c'est juste à cause de ce qui se passe sur Internet" (oh it's just because of what's happening on the internet). Allover again Jaxon got upset. "c'est pour ça que tu m' as appelé. regardez si vous voulez garder votre travail, veuillez m'appeler quand il est sage de travailler. rien de tout ça n'a rien à voir avec toi" (this is what you've called me for. look if you want to keep your job please to call me when it is work-wise. none of this has nothing to do with you). "oui-oui monsieur," she hanged up (yes yes sir). Jaxon had a feeling that this won't be over anytime soon. Just as he was about to take a nice 5-minute nap he got another call. It was Gaël. He knew he was about to start some dumb shit so he ignored. Then his mind wondered about the forbidden woman. He was wondering how she was. Probably people trying to get to her and mock her on social media. He would honestly feel bad for it would be his fault that all this is happening to her.

Quinn sat on the dirty wooden floor, reminiscing about her child and grandma. She truly misses them, they were her happiness. She would cry most nights trying to figure out why this is happening to her but I guess somethings are just to be left unsaid. After the encounter with Jaxon's mom, she has never called or seen him since. Nor does she wants to, she doesn't want to be in prison. Life is already bad as it is and she wishes to enjoy her freedom, at least. She slowly laid flat on the ground and in no time, with tears in her eyes she fell asleep.

Thanks, guys for reading. Sorry for the late update as well. Don't stop supporting me. If you truly like this book. Like all chapters. See you in 24.