CHAPTER: THIRTY SEVEN

The entire family sat in the living room, wondering what went wrong. They were trying to look within themselves and to understand why Jaxon chose her. From that night, Mama Shelly could not stop thinking of her son. Was he safe? Is she feeding him? Where is he even staying? She regretted her actions when she realized he, will not come back. That day out of all the days, she never felt like eating. All she wanted was for her son to come, back to her. Her eldest daughter ordered 3, boxes of pizza because Mama Shelly didn't cook.

Charles realized the worried look on her face, and so he went over her to comfort her. "Hey, you don't get to be so sad in front of the children. They can see that you're worried," he told her. Mama Shelly tried to relax her face as her husband rubbed her back. It was time for the 7 pm news, and as always she would prepare herself to watch it.

*news intro*

"Welcome to the 7 pm news. I am Abigail Lone, and the nightly news starts. A child was, kidnapped earlier this evening ---------------------------

The news continued as Mama shelly zoned out until it got to the part where it grabbed her attention.

"Also yesterday night, Jaxon Carter, was spotted at a very fancy restaurant with the girl his mom forbid him to date. Our paparazzi captured pictures of the two kissing just outside the restaurant. This your nightly news. Its time for sports."

Her heart raced in her chest as she listened attentively to the news. She immediately got up and went to the bathroom with guilt flowing through her veins. She closed the door and began to cry. She knew she was wrong, but she wanted the best for her son. She wanted him to have the best marriage life. He will be leaving tomorrow, and she won't be able to see him. Mama Shelly silently left the bathroom and went to her room. She picked up the phone and dialled his number to apologize. Unfortunately, it went straight to voice mail, her heart sank. The room door slightly opened, her husband Charles, stood there as he watched his wife in regret and pain. He immediately attends to her. "He forgives you, in his heart," he said, hugging her.

Thanks for reading. Continue o support me.