twenty-nine

—

"SO, how are you today, myungho?" junhui asked. i whipped my head over at him, frowning.

it's only the next day since i first met junhui. he's all cheerful again and he hasn't stopped smiling since i came into his hospital room. 

i chuckled lightly, shaking my head and continued checking his vials of medicine. doctor yoon was here twenty minutes ago, but he left to deal with some business. but, apparently, soonyoung peered out a few minutes ago and saw doctor yoon coming out of doctor choi's room, leaving mingyu and junhui giggle.

"why are you asking me? i should be asking you," i replied to junhui's stupid question. i looked at the older male and he smiled, cocking his head to the side, "i don't know. you look said, i wanted to make you smile."

i stopped what i was doing and gazed into his eyes, trying to find some type of teasing tone in his eyes. i couldn't find any. what is this? what is wen junhui on about? 

"you're kidding me. i don't look sad," i said in chinese. and then i realised how harsh i sounded. i tend to use chinese and sound harsh when i'm mad, "i-i'm sorry, junhui. i didn't mean to be so mean."

junhui blinked and smiled, "don't be. it's fine. anyways, how are you?"

i blinked back. how am i? no one ever asked me that. i shrugged, getting one of the liquids into a syringe, "i'm okay, i guess. how are you, junhui?"

"call me jun, please," he said, wincing at the needle going into his skin on his left upper arm, "i don't like people calling me by my full name."

i pulled the syringe out of his skin and wiped it with cotton buds, then covering it with a bandage, "okay. i get you, though. it's embarrassing when people call me by my chinese full name as well."

junhui— no, jun, laughed and shrugged, "how long have you been here for, myungho?"

"i've been here since i was 9. i know it's not long, but it's pretty long for me."

"huh, i see." jun hummed,  "i came here when i was 11. honestly, though, we could've been on the same flight and we just didn't know."

i chuckled at his nonsense, "no, jun, you're from shenzhen, i'm from anshan, there's no way we were on the same flight." (for those that don't know, anshan is in the north-east of china, near north korea. shenzhen is in the south-east of china, near hong kong)

"i was just kidding, hao." jun's smile fell at his words, "wait, is it okay if i call you hao?"

i blinked twice, liking the way my chinese name roll off his tongue. why am i feeling like this?

"i like the way you say it."

i sighed as i sat down on one of the chairs in the lounge. a weight sat down next to me, and i was about to tell them to fuck off, and then i saw who it was.

"w-wonwoo?" i asked, surprised. the older boy rolled his eyes at my tone and grumbled.

it was my turn to feel annoyed, "if you didn't want to talk to me, then go away."

wonwoo turned his head towards me, "i do want to talk to you." 

i could tell there was a glint of anger in his eyes, he was always like that. i never knew why he always looked so angry. it could be his naturally cold-looking face, but i never knew. so many students were terrified of wonwoo during high school just because of his face, and i don't blame them. i really don't, i was scared of him at first as well. but then i got to know him, and then it just went downhill.

i leaned back against my chair, letting out a sigh as i grabbed a box of lemon tea just sitting on the table, "okay. what about? because i really don't think we have anything to exchange after what happened—"

"that's exactly what i want to talk to you about." said wonwoo, lifting his head up and looking me dead straight in the eyes, "i want to talk to you about us."