twenty-seven

—

"JEONGHAN ssi, how is jun?" mingyu asked when the doctor came into their room. it's been a day since jun's operation but he still hasn't woke up.  i was panicking as well as the two friends of jun in his room. 

jeonghan sighed as he leaned against the door frame, "he's still out, mingyu ah. i'm sorry, i don't know what i can do to make you two relax. i'm on edge as well." jeonghan smiled at both boys with a bitter smile, "i don't want to lose him yet. not this soon."

i felt something clench my heart as those words left jeonghan's lips. not this soon. those three words rang inside my head. why am i feeling like this? that thought was in my head for a long time since i met jun as well. why am i feeling things when i'm around jun and even if the boy wasn't physically around me, i still feel things at the mention of his name.

i can't be catching feelings. i told myself and silently shook my head to get rid of thoughts of jun completely. "myungho? are you alright?" jeonghan looked at me with concern in his eyes. i snapped back into reality and smiled, "yeah, why not? i'm just...  tired, that's all."

jeonghan nodded, "if you're sick, just tell me. i'd be more cross if you didn't, and i'm sure seungcheol would be, too."

with that, he left the room and left the two friends with me, soonyoung and wonwoo. with jeonghan leaving, soonyoung left out a breath.

wonwoo cleared his throat awkwardly, "g-guys, what if jun's—"

"don't!" jihoon said, glaring at wonwoo, "do not finish that sentence."

i gulped at the immense tension and worry radiating from every single person in this room. even if soonyoung and wonwoo weren't as close to jun as the two patients, they still worried for the boy since they spent a lot of time with him. as for me, well, i don't really have a reason to worry about him, do i? i literally just met him four days ago, he shouldn't be affecting me. 

"myungho, you look like you have a lot on your mind, do you want to talk?" soonyoung asked with care laced in his tone. 

i smiled softly at him as i shook my head, "it's just jun. i'm worried."

mingyu nodded, "we all are, myungho. we all are."

seventeen hours later, jun woke up. he still wasn't allowed to come back to his room, but i immediately rushed over to the icu section of the hospital once i heard the news. i promised jihoon, mingyu, soonyoung and wonwoo that i'd tell jun they missed him. but i can't wait to see jun. i can't wait to hear his voice, see his face, just know he's still here.

i still don't know why jun's affecting me so much, but i've decided to stop asking myself the question when i know the answer perfectly well. i was like that when i had a crush on wonwoo. but i simply don't want to admit it. i don't want to admit that i have a crush on someone i met four days ago.