chapter 11

Reminder to vote! Thank uuu

***

The Christmas Ball will be held December 16- the night before holiday break. The ball will be held at 8 pm sharp and extended until midnight. It will be in the Great Hall. Please wear formal attire! You are allowed to bring dates, they do not have to be part of the Slug Club!

Hope to see you there!

Horace Slughorn

Brooklyn finished reading the letter before everyone else and drew in a sharp breath. She had completely forgotten she was part of the Slug Club with all the work she was assigned- and the other things...

"Your so lucky- I want to go," Cora whined.

"It's not that big of a deal," Sirius rolled his eyes. "This whole thing is a joke anyway,"

"How so?" Brooklyn asked as she ate some bacon.

"He only likes you if your well known- or if your family is," Sirius said and pointed at Slughorn's name.

"I hate it," Chris said bluntly and Logan nodded violently.

"I don't hate it," Brooklyn shrugged.

"Your mental," Sirius said. "She's mental,"

"Please," she snorted, "At least I know not to interfere when a Hufflepuff is angry."

Everyone chuckled as they remembered Sirius getting Hexed by an angry Hufflepuff last year. He had ended things with her and wanted to see if she was alright but... he ended up in the hospital wing and couldn't talk for days.

Best days of my life.

"Anyway- as I was saying," he glared at Brooklyn, "I don't think I'm going."

"Why not? I think it sounds like fun," Brooklyn said.

"My own sister," Logan gasped.

"She's a traitor," Peter chimed in.

"How?" Brooklyn asked.

"Aw, come on- just come to the party!" Brooklyn pleaded the boys who were invited.

"I'll help you get a date," Lily offered and Brooklyn shrugged.

"I don-"

"Yes! We're going to find you, someone," Cora squealed and the girls walked off in a deep conversation.

Brooklyn saw Regulus reading a letter that had the same writing as the one she received from Slughorn.

"Be right back," she excused herself and walked over to Regulus.

"Are you going to the party?" she asked him.

He ripped the letter up in pieces.

Got my answer, thanks.

"Oh,"

"Nope," he said and didn't bother cleaning up.

"Come on- this might be a one time-" she started.

"I'm good,"

"Why not? Give me one good rea-"

"He only likes you because of your family status," he said with a numb gaze.

"Plus- he's a dick at times- I couldn't care less,"

"Please- do it for me? I don't know anyone else that's in the club and I don't want to be the only one going," she pleaded.