chapter 14

I had my first kiss.

HOLY SHIT I HAD MY FIRST KISS!

With Sirius Black.

WITH SIRIUS BLACK-

Fuckfuckfuck.

Do I tell anyone?

I have to tell Lily- she's my best friend.

But what if Sirius doesn't want to tell anyone.

Why would he even want to kiss me?

He hates me- well he doesn't think of me anything more than a friend.

He's not even into any Ravenclaws- he says they're all too smart for him.

Is that an insult or a compliment?

Merlin this boy is so confusing.

"Brookes?"

Brooklyn looked up and saw Regulus's puzzled expression. He had a cup of butterbeer in his hand and handed it to her but she denied politely.

"Sorry- didn't realize I was pacing," she chuckled nervously.

"You alright?" he asked with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, no- I'm fine," she plastered on a fake smile.

"Ok, if you need me, I'm always here," he said and Brooklyn remembered those were the words she told him before he had opened up to her. Those were the words that had started their friendship.

"Thank you," she said and started biting her nails nervously.

Everyone who knew Brooklyn very well knew she only bites her nails if she's really nervous and those are symptoms before she has a panic attack.

"Brookes- your doing that thing when you start biting your nails right before a panic attack," Regulus said and set down his drink on the floor.

"Brookes," he murmured and wrapped his arms around her. She set her head against chest- he might be younger than her but he was already a few inches taller than her.

"I'm fine," she said and tried to stop biting her nails but she was getting more and more anxious.

I shouldn't have kissed him.

He shouldn't have run after me.

I can't catch feelings.

I don't think I like him...

I mean I sort of did like the kiss- I don't want to lie to myself.

"You can tell me- I swear I won't tell anyone," Regulus said and set his head gently on top of hers.

Brooklyn was stuck.

I can't tell him I kissed his BROTHER.

They're not even on good terms.

Should I lie?

No- I did too much of that already.

"I'm good," she said and snuggled closer to him to hide her flushed face. He held her for a few minutes before trying again, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," she hugged him tighter.

"Are you sure your sure?"

"Yes," she hugged him even tighter.